Collapse Tasks and Roll up Gantt Bars

Hi, I am evaluating your product and want to see if your Aspose.Tasks product will handle some functions within MS Project? Specifically, after creating a project file and creating several tasks and subtasks, I want to collapse all the tasks and only show the top level tasks. Is that possible with your product?

Also, if I want to always roll up the Gantt bars, is that possible?

Thanks,

Chris Brown

Hi Chris,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

It will be helpful for us if you can please elaborate your exact requirement. Did you mean creation of a project and further rendering of the project data (containing only top level tasks) to a Gantt Chart Image or HTML through Aspose.Tasks for .NET?

Sorry, what I am trying to do is:

1. Have my ASP.NET web app create a blank project file

2. Create tasks and subtasks

3. Initially display the level 1 tasks all rolled up instead of seeing all the tasks and subtasks.

I also want to make sure that the Gantt bars that display in MS Project in the rightmost pane are rolled up (Manually doing this in MS Project, you select the Format menu bar option, then choose Layout, and check the "Always roll up Gantt bars" option). I'm just not sure how you would do this programatically from within the .NET web app. Furthermore, my users want the web app to automatically format the Gantt bars with different colors to match different subtasks (which are project phases).

Does this make more sense?

Thanks,

Chris Brown

ChrisBrown:

1. Have my ASP.NET web app create a blank project file

2. Create tasks and subtasks

Yes. Please try our online ASP.NET demo application, where you will be able to create a project from scratch according to your input.

http://www.aspose.com/demos/.net-components/aspose.tasks/csharp/create-project.aspx

ChrisBrown:

3. Initially display the level 1 tasks all rolled up instead of seeing all the tasks and subtasks.

I also want to make sure that the Gantt bars that display in MS Project in the rightmost pane are rolled up (Manually doing this in MS Project, you select the Format menu bar option, then choose Layout, and check the "Always roll up Gantt bars" option). I'm just not sure how you would do this programatically from within the .NET web app. Furthermore, my users want the web app to automatically format the Gantt bars with different colors to match different subtasks (which are project phases).

a) For the textual view of level 1 tasks, please try our online ASP.NET demo application.

http://www.aspose.com/demos/.net-components/aspose.tasks/csharp/read-project.aspx

Here you can upload a project file and view the level 1 tasks.

b) For graphical view of the Project data along with Gantt Chart display, the created project can be rendered to Gantt Chart Image or an HTML page which can further be displayed in your ASP.NET application. For more information on these features, please visit this article and this video tutorial. In addition, you can download the latest Aspose.Tasks for .NET 3.0.0 trial version here that will also include a WinForm demo application for rendering of Project data to a Gantt Chart Image under the following location:

[Root OS Drive]:\Program Files\Aspose\Aspose.Tasks\Aspose.Tasks for .NET\Featured Demos

In case of any further inquiry, please feel free to share with us.

Hi Chris,

For provision of Gantt roll up and different colors options in the rendered Gantt Chart Image or HTML page, an issue with issue id 17739 has been created on our Issue Tracking System. This thread has been linked with this issue so that you can be automatically notified as soon as this issue is resolved.

Hi Chris,

An ASP.NET demo has been made live at:

http://www.aspose.com/demos/.net-components/aspose.tasks/csharp/gantt-chart.aspx

Here you can upload an MPP project file and further, view its Gantt Chart Image.

Thanks so much for your help and insight!

Chris Brown

Hi Chris,

We have updated our Image Rendering sample provided with our setup file in last Aspose.Tasks 3.1.0 release. You can find the sample in your Aspose.Tasks installation folder in Featured Demos subfolder. In the sample you can find how you can specify a list of expanded tasks. Task’s shapes rendering customization is still under development.

See some screen shots below.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as TASKS-17739) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.