My situation is that I have several Word documents that require mail merging. The data source will be the same for each mail merged document (a list of customers). However, I would like to collate the pages from each mail merged document so that when printed they are grouped by customer. This way, they do not have to be manually collated after they have been printed.
I want to handle this in code. I do not want to combine the mail merged documents into one in order to mail merge. And I don’t want to have to insert any special markers into the mail merge documents.
What is the best approach to this?
Thanks for your inquiry. To ensure a timely and accurate response please supply us with the following information, if you cannot supply us with this information we will not be able to investigate your scenario.
- Please supply us with the code from your application that your are using to perform MailMerge
- Please save your DataSource into an XML file and attach it here for testing
- Please supply us with the input template document
- Please supply us with the output documents (MailMerged documents)
- Please supply us with the combined/target document that is showing the final desired behavior (you can create this document using Microsoft Word)
As soon as you get these pieces of information to us we’ll start our investigation into your issue.