Columns were expanded unexpectedly using the latest version

Hi,

When using the latest Aspose.Cells (17.10.0) I noticed the columns were unexpected expanded, even if the input file had collapsed rows&columns by default.

Code:
var workbook = new Workbook(@“test.xlsx”);
var workbook2 = new Workbook(@“test2.xlsx”);
workbook2.Combine(workbook);
workbook2.Worksheets.ActiveSheetIndex = 1;
workbook2.Save(@“output.xlsx”);

I’ve attached the test files for your reference. You will see the rows were correctly collapsed as what it was in the input file, but the columns were expanded unexpectedly (see screenshot):
screenshot.png (48.9 KB)

The collapse/expand values are important because we may later apply image rendering/printing on the worksheet, and the output will be different because of the collapse/expand statuses.

The issue was not observable in the 17.8.0, could you please check if there’s any regression on this behaviour?

Thanks
test files.zip (34.9 KB)

@ServerSide527,

Thanks for the template files and sample code.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned by using your sample code with your template files. I found that columns were expanded unexpectedly in the merged workbook:
e.g
Sample code:

var workbook = new Workbook(@“test.xlsx”);
var workbook2 = new Workbook(@“test2.xlsx”);
workbook2.Combine(workbook);
workbook2.Worksheets.ActiveSheetIndex = 1;
workbook2.Save(@“output.xlsx”);

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-45754” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

@ServerSide527,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue “CELLSNET-45754” now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45754) have been fixed in this Aspose.Cells for .NET 17.11 update.

Please also check the following article: