Combine revisions from multiple authors

Hi All, I was wondering if we can use MS Word Document’s feature on the Review tab, in the Compare group –> Compare –> Combine revisions from multiple authors.

We have a document which has to be reviewed by multiple people and then comments from different people has to be merged to create the final document. We have to do this in Java. This is for a small Proof of concept we are building.

Thanks,

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry. Yes, you can compare documents using Document.Compare method. This method compares this document with another document producing changes as number of edit and format revisions Revision.

Please read following documentation link for your kind reference.
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsjava/How+to+Compare+Two+Word+Documents

Hope this helps you. Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Hi Sir,

I am not able to merge the documents and getting Exception if the document has revisions. I want to achieve the feature "Combine revisions from multiple authors"

I have multiple revisions of a document which are reviewed by few people. Now the changes done by all these people should be merged and we should have a final merged document. Can you help me ?

Thanks,
Tarun

Hi Tarun,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your input Word documents here for testing? I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Hi,

Attaching documents.7z

doc1.docx and doc2.docx . final outcome should be doc3.docx

doc1.docx and doc2.docx are revisions of same document.

Thanks,
Tarun

Hi Tarun,

Thanks for sharing the detail. Unfortunately, Aspose.Words does not support the requested feature at the moment. However, I have logged this feature request as WORDSNET-12556 in our issue tracking system. You will be notified via this forum thread once this feature is available.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Sir,

How long would it take to implement this feature by your Development team If I may ask ?

Thanks,
Tarun

Hi Tarun,

Thanks
for your inquiry. It is to inform you that issues/feature are addressed and resolved based on first come first serve basis. Currently,
the requested feature is pending for analysis and is in the queue. Once our product team completes the analysis of this feature, we will
then be able to provide you an estimate.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.