Combining multiple docx documents

Can I use Aspose.Words java for combining docx files? The docx files are fairly complex, with footers and references. I went through the Java samples, and in the AppendDocument program I found operations involving .doc files only.

There were snippets of .doc files being saved as .docx, but I’m looking for docx appending functionality. Please let me know if this feature is supported.

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Words.

Yes, with Aspose.Words for Java you can easily append any Word document (RTF, DOC, DOCX etc) to another document. The simplest way to join documents involves a single call to the Document.AppendDocument method. This method will append the Document object passed as a parameter to the end of the Document object which called the method. The second parameter accepts an ImportFormatMode enumeration which defines how conflicting styles are handled when one document is imported into the other.

Additionally, I would suggest you please read the following article for controlling how Header/Footers appear in the final document:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsjava/Controlling+How+Header+and+Footers+Appear

Please let us know if you need more information; we are always glad to help you.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,
Thank you for the prompt response. Glad to know I can append a docx document to another docx document. I’m following up on this, and will get back with more queries if we have.

Hi,

Sure, please let us know any time you have any further queries.

Best regards,