Combo chart can't display correctly after converting excel to pdf using java

Hi gusy,
I have a custom combination chart in excel.
It can display correctly in pdf after converting excel to pdf using Excel saving. But It displays abnormally after converting excel to pdf using aspose-cells (version 20.6). The attachments are my excel and pdf.
box_plot.zip (203.7 KB)

My questions are as follow:

1. How to make my box always display in white color in PDF. I found out it becomes black when there is an at least 1 line cross these boxes.
  2. In my chart, I sometimes require to give assigned values as the bounds of Y-axis. Does It have to set the specific value instead of automatic value(i.e. ST_Crosses.MIN) for horizontal axis crosses when I want the X-axis displayed on the lowest value on Y-axis.
    image.png (9.9 KB)

@Mike0527,

Thanks for the template file and details.

After an initial test, I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by converting your template file to PDF file format. I found the combo chart is not displayed correctly after converting Excel file to PDF. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-43245” for your issue. We will look into it soon. Regarding your follow up queries, please wait while we fix the issue and provide you the fixed version.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

@Amjad_Sahi

Thanks for your reply.

About question 2, I found out it’s not only occurred on the above chart type but also trend chart. I assume it might occur on all chart types when using aspose-cells.

I use Apache poi-ooxml(3.17) to generate Excel and define the Crosses with ST_Crosses.MIN
to specifies how the x-axis(or y-axis) crosses the y-axis(or x-axis) in charts.

The attachment is my trend chart testing. trend_chart.zip (539.3 KB)

@Mike0527,

Thanks for the sample files and screenshot.

We will evaluate your question 2 and update you soon.

Moreover, please spare us little time to analyze your issue thoroughly first.

Hi @Amjad_Sahi,

May I ask you is any progress or update yet for this issue?

@Mike0527,

We are sorry but your issue is not resolved yet. We will try to provide an ETA on it soon.

@Mike0527,
This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSJAVA-43245”) now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

Glad to hear this message. Please let me know when releasing the new version. Thank you.

@Mike0527,

Sure, we will keep you posted with updates on it.

@Mike0527,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v20.8.6 (attached)

Your issue should be fixed in it. For the question(2), we added CrossType.MINIMUM for it.

Let us know your feedback.
aspose-cells-20.8.6-java.zip (7.2 MB)

@Amjad_Sahi

It’s nice and works well just like the PDF format exported by Excel.

How do I get the latest version using maven?

@Mike0527,

We only publish official releases (once in a month) to maven/nuget repos. The fix is fully tested and can be used on production server without any problem, it includes all the features of previous version (full fledged) and enhancements. However if you still need official release (maven/Downloads section), you may wait for about three weeks as our next official release (Aspose.Cells for Java v20.9) is scheduled before the end of third week of September, 2020. You will also be notified once the new release is published on Downloads and maven repos.

@Amjad_Sahi

I got it. Thank you for replying.

@Mike0527,

You are welcome.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-43245) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java v20.9. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by ahsaniqbalsidiqui.
You may also get the new version @ Maven repos. (On Premise File Format API Releases | Aspose)