Compability with Unity3D?

Hi!

Is Aspose.cells compatible with Unity3D? It seems that it could be since Unity3D uses mono as its script engine.

Does any of the licenses that you sell include source code?

BR,
Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your posting and considering Aspose.Cells.

Aspose.Cells is a .NET assembly which can be run on any .NET framework greater than 2.0 or it can also be run on Mono 1.2 or newer.

Also, Aspose.Cells is not a visual component or it does not have any visual interface (GUI), it is a class library that can be used to create or manipulate MS-Excel documents (xls/xlsx/xlsm etc) without the need to install Microsoft Excel itself.

If Unity3D can support such type of .NET framework libraries then Aspose.Cells should work fine too. We did not have any complaints about Aspose.Cells compatibility issue with Unity3D framework before.

If you find any problem, then please let us know. We will look into it and fix any such issue if possible.

Hi,

martinj:
Hi!
Does any of the licenses that you sell include source code?

We are afraid, we do not sell source code of Aspose.Cells.

Let us know if we can be of any further help.

Thank you.

Hi again,

I finally had the time to test Aspose.cells with Unity3D.

Unfortunately I was unable to get it to work. It seems that there are dependencies to System.Drawing which is not supported in Unity3D.

Is there anyway to get rid of this dependency, or do you have any known way of getting Unity3D to work with Apose.Cells?

BR,
Martin

Hi,

Well, Aspose.Cells is a pure .NET component that is written in managed C#. I am afraid, Aspose.Cells heavily depends on System.Drawing and System.Data assemblies for many features which cannot be avoided. Similarly you cannot use the component directly in the silverlight framework.

Thank you.