Compact PST after deleting messages

Is it possible yet to compact a PST after messages have been deleted? If not, is there a mechanism which would make deleted messages not recoverable by forensic tools after such deletion, even if the PST hasn’t been compacted?

Background
I have a requirement whereby I’m given a PST and a set of messages that have been designated as attorney-client privileged. Given a list of entry IDs for those privileged messages, I am supposed to remove those messages (they’re privileged and therefore confidential) and forward the PST to opposing legal counsel. If the deleted messages are recoverable by forensic tools, this defeats the purpose.

Our typical approach is to extract the non-privileged messages and write those to a new PST. This approach, however, has been slow when the non-privileged messages have large recipient counts (greater than 1000 recipients is not uncommon) and the number of non-privileged messages to extract and copy to a new PST is large. Very slow. In such scenarios, the deletion method is far quicker; however, our analysis shows that the deleted messages can indeed by forensically recovered.

Hi John,

Thank you for contacting Aspose Support team.

The feature request to compact a PST after deleting messages is already known to us via Issue Id: EMAILNET-33389. Currently, this is still open for investigation by the Product team. As for the alternate method to make messages unrecoverable forensically from a PST, we have logged this as an enhancement for our Product team as EMAILNET-38632.

We have linked the current thread with the above mentioned issues and you will be updated in case there is any further information or a fix version available in this regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILNET-38632) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.