Compare document from multiple authors

Is there a way I can compare documents from multiple authors to a single document?

something like below:

Document masterDoc = new Document(fielPath);

masterDoc.Compare(childDoc1,"Author1",DateTime.Now);
masterDoc.Compare(childDoc2,"Author2",DateTime.Now);

Hi Yuvaraj,

Thanks for your inquiry. Yes, you can use the same code to compare one document with different documents from multiple authors. You may call Document.AcceptAllRevisions method after the first call of Document.Compare if you want to accept all tracked changes in the document.

Please let us know if you have any more queries.

I don’t want the system to auto accept whic is Document.AcceptAllRevisions because the user need to manually review the changes and accept using word accept and reject feature.

Hi Yuvaraj,

Thanks for your inquiry. You can achieve your requirements using Aspose.Words. If you face any issue, please share your input Word documents along with expected output document here for investigations. We will investigate the issue on our side and provide you more information.

I have attached the sample document for your reference.

master.docx - This is the source document
cont1.docx - This is the copy of master document and edited by Contributor A
cont2.docx - This another copy of master document and edited by Contributor B

output doc.docx - This is the output of after combining cont1.docx and cont2.docx. If you click on Review->Review Pane in word it will show the list of changes with who changed it and what changed.

Hi Yuvaraj,

Thanks for sharing the detail. Please note that Aspose.Words mimics the same behavior as MS Word does. If you compare master.docx with con1.docx and then compare output document to con2.docx, MS Word asks to accept changes. Please see the attached image for detail.

We suggest you please accept the changes before comparing the output document with con2.docx. You can accept the changes either by MS Word or Aspose.Words. Hope this answers your query. Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Document masterDoc = new Document(MyDir + "master.docx");
Document childDoc1 = new Document(MyDir + "con1.docx");
Document childDoc2 = new Document(MyDir + "con2.docx");
masterDoc.Compare(childDoc1, "Author1", DateTime.Now);
masterDoc.AcceptAllRevisions();
masterDoc.Compare(childDoc2, "Author2", DateTime.Now);
masterDoc.Save(MyDir + "Out v16.5.0.docx");

Hi,
I agree word doesn’t allow compare if there are revisions. But if you try to combine it does allow to merge without accepting/rejecting the changes. We are looking for similar in ASPOSE.

Thanks,
Yuvaraj

Hi Yuvaraj,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please check the image shared in my previous post. MS Word asks to accept changes with Yes and No options. If you click “No”, MS Word does nothing.

vyuvarajnet:
But if you try to combine it does allow to merge without accepting/rejecting the changes.

Could you please share some more detail about your query along with steps which you are using to compare the document with con2.docx? We will then provide you more information about your query.

Try combine option (click on the little down arrow in compare) from the review menu. I have attached the screenshot for your reference.
Thanks,
Yuvaraj

Hi Yuvaraj,

Thanks for sharing the detail. Unfortunately, Aspose.Words does not support the requested feature at the moment. However, we logged this feature request as WORDSNET-13484 in our issue tracking system. You will be notified via this forum thread once this feature is available.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Any update on the above issue?

-Yuvaraj

Hi Yuvaraj,

Thanks for your inquiry. We regret to share with you that the feature WORDSNET-13484 has been postponed. I am afraid, there is no estimate available at the moment. We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as there are any further developments.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Is there any update on this?

@vyuvarajnet,

Thanks for your inquiry. We regret to share with you that the requested feature (WORDSNET-13484) is still postponed. We will inform you via this forum thread once there is any update available on this feature. We apologize for your inconvenience.

A post was split to a new topic: Compare document with multiple authors