Compare Options difference from Word

Hello Support,

This is regarding compare documents. I am using compareoptions and setting ignoreformatting=true.
Now in this case my expectation is that revisions due to change in formatting should be discarded but not the formatting. So that when I am looking at document from compare and using No markup option styles/formatting should be there but not the revision. To explain further I have bullet list with two items in original document and modified document has three items. After setting ignoreformatting=true, Compare output after saving as word document is shoing third entry as new revision but bullet is not there. Expectation is that because its a new paragraph it be marked as new and bullet be there but not the revision and revision comment. This is also happening if there is not row in table which has heading style in compared document heading style is not coming. To make the issue complex if we accept the formatting revision then font is not as per the style.
BulletedListCompare.zip (74.7 KB)

Thanks in advance.

Edited: I have added zip file if look at List Item 3 bullet is missing. If we set ignoreformattingOption to false bullet is shown.

Regards
Mandar

@mandar_limaye,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have tested the scenario and managed to reproduce the same issues at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged these problems in our issue tracking system as follow:

WORDSNET-15681 : Document compare issue with bullet list when CompareOptions.IgnoreFormatting is used
WORDSNET-15682 : Document.Compare generates incorrect revisions for paragraph

You will be notified via this forum thread once these issues are resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

@mandar_limaye,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-15681) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 17.10 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 17.10 update.