Compare TextStamp/ImageStamp vs WatermarkArtifact

Hello, just a question please.

After processing pdf document we need to add text and/or image stamps (do not use facade class) either under or over the page content (translated into French, the words watermark and stamp mean respectively under and over the content).
Looking in your docs/forum/examples it seems that one can achieve this either:

• with TextStamp/ImageStamp,
  • with WatermarkArtifact,
  • with BackgroundArtifact
    And they all have a setBackground( true/false ) method.

Please could your explain what are the differences between theses classes and help us to decide which one to use for this or that ?
Javadocs are just empty, and the different examples have nearly the same titles. All work but which one will I use…

Sorry but if your apis would be explained with all details in all your javadocs and docs, I’m sure many developers would not need to overload you with simple questions.

@everteamjmf

Text/Image stamps is a functionality we implemented in the API. It is based on simple placing Form XObject on page. Whereas artifacts are objects described by PDF specification (10.7.1Tagged PDF and Page Content). They are implemented as marked content and that is why can be recognized in PDF document page, extracted/removed/changed. We can say that they do the same, and their implementation is similar but artifacts are more standardized thing when “stamps” were developed by us and probably they are more simple in use.

Ok, thank you very much for these explanations, it is usefull for me to know the differences.

@everteamjmf

Please keep using our API and feel free to create a new topic in case you need further information.