Compare Word DOC/DOCX Documents using Java & Ignore Comments Headers Footers Textboxes Fields | Mimic MS Word

I am comparing tow word document having multiple tables and found below issues.

1. have some changes in a row (new value inputted in two cell) in second doc.
    Compare doc showing same row as deleted first then inserted again.
  2. In second doc, within two tables, one more table inserted.
    Compare doc merge tow table in one and also table alignment goes disturbed.
    I am using Aspose 19.12 version jar.
    I am attaching both document along with generated compare doc and expected compare doc.Aspose Compare Doc.zip (204.5 KB)

@gajendra.jha,

Have you also tried the latest 20.5 version of Aspose.Words for Java on your end?

In case the problem still remains, please also provide a comparison screenshot highlighting the problematic areas in Aspose.Words 20.5 generated output file with respect to your expected document and attach it here for our reference.

Please also create a standalone simple Java application (source code without compilation errors) that helps us to reproduce your current problem on our end and attach it here for testing. Please do not include Aspose.Words JAR files in it to reduce the file size.

How did you create your “ExpectedComparedDoc.doc”? Did you use MS Word for this purpose? If yes, please also list the complete steps that you performed in MS Word to create the expected document on your end .

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we will start further investigation into your issue and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

@awais.hafeez,

As per your suggestion I have tried latest Aspose.Words version 20.5 and found some miner changes in result but not resolved our problem.
I have attached comparison screenshot along with “OldDoc”, NewDoc", “CompareDoc”, “ExpectedCompareDoc”, “CompareDocSteps” and a simple java application (using NetBeans IDE and maven).
Yes, I have used MS Word to create “ExpectedCompareDoc” and I mentioned the full steps in “CompareDocSteps”.
If you need any further details, please let me know.

Thanks,
Gajendra JhaAspose Compare Doc.zip (913.6 KB)

@gajendra.jha,

We are working on your query and will get back to you soon.

@gajendra.jha,

Thanks for the details. Regarding the document comparison problem you have highlighted in “Screenshort1.jpg”, we tested this scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on our end. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-20439. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Regarding the document comparison problem you have highlighted in “Screenshort2.jpg”, could you please also ZIP and attach the related source documents, Aspose.Words’ generated output document and the expected document here for further testing? Thanks for your cooperation.

@awais.hafeez

Thanks Awais for your response and sorry for confusion regarding problem 2 highlighted in “Screenshort2.jpg". Actually it is also part to the same document attached above. Please refer the last section of the corresponding document to replicate it.
If you have any further query, please let us know.

@gajendra.jha,

Thanks for the additional information. We have logged the second issue as well. The ID of the issue highlighted in “Screenshort2.jpg” is WORDSNET-20445. We will further look into the details and keep you updated on the status of linked issues.

Hi @awais.hafeez,

As I checked the status of issue, it is
WORDSNET-20439 ---- Status : New
WORDSNET-20445 ---- Status : Postponed
So, can I know why WORDSNET-20445 postponed?
Can you please also confirm your fixing plan on WORDSNET-20439?

Thanks & Regards,
Gajendra Jha

@gajendra.jha,

Your issue (WORDSNET-20439) is currently pending for analysis and is in the queue. There are no estimates available at the moment.

I am afraid, the implementation of the fix of your other issue (WORDSNET-20445) has been postponed till a later date. Current comparison algorithm of Aspose.Words does not take Table and Row content into consideration. There are no estimates available at the moment.

We will inform you via this thread as soon as these issues will get resolved in future. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Dear Awais/Team,

We have purchased the Aspose license and therefore we need your support to provide this bug fixing date for ticket WORDSNET-20439 and WORDSNET-20445 which was raised by our company’s staff in the forum.

Or let me know to whom should we contact and provide email id/contact information so that we can take support against this bug as we have to deliver our project and this bug is hampering to fulfill our commitment. Awaiting for your prompt response !

Thanks,

Dear Team,

Our colleague has raised some queries regarding compare document function in ms word does not working properly and as per expectation. We have purchased the license from Aspose and need solution and fix urgently or provide the resolution date.

**Complete case and Issue details already posted in forum and we got ticket no. “WORDSNET-20439 and WRODSNET-20445” from aspose

find below the forum URL also

We have to provide the solution to our client urgently and awaiting for your response on top priority.

Thanks,
Ken

@Ken_Tsang,

We have checked these issues but I am afraid there are no further news about them i.e. the analysis of WORDSNET-20439 is pending while the implementation of WORDSNET-20445 is postponed. We will keep you posted here on any further updates and let you know when these issues will get resolved in future. We apologize for your inconvenience.

@Ken_Tsang,

I am afraid, we can still not provide you reliable estimations for the linked issues. Please note that the comparison algorithm used by MS Word is proprietary and has never been published or made public. That is why doing comparison exactly the same way as MS Word does is a long-term task. Currently, we are going to make some rework and hopefully we will get results closer to what MS Word produces; but we cannot promise any ETA at the moment.

Rest assured; we will inform you via this thread as soon as these issues will get resolved in future. We apologize for your inconvenience.

A post was split to a new topic: Compare Upper Lower Case Italic Characters in Word Documents using Java

A post was split to a new topic: Two Table Rows Created with Insertion and Deletion Revisions after Comparing Word Documents

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-20439) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for Java 22.3 update.