Comparison between the .NET and the Java versions?

Hello,

Is there a document that can compare the differences between the .NET and the Java versions? I really like Words 9.0 for .NET and wondering how close the latest Java version is that.

In particular, I’m interested in the MailMerge and FieldUpdate functionality.

Thanks,

~~ Michael

Hi Michael,
Yes there is, please refer to this page. It lists the main differences between the .NET and Java versions of Aspose.Words.
Detailed information about Mailmerge functions can be found here.
Also you can find some information about FieldUpdates here.
We will also be uploading some detailed documentation on “Nested mail merge” shortly.
Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any further queries.
Thanks,

Thanks, Adam. Looks like the Java version is a ways behind the .NET version, in particular regarding all the new groovy Field Update functionality and MailMerge rendering.

Hi Michael,
You’re welcome. Don’t worry our developers are working as hard as they can, all new functionality will be implemented in Java in the near future.
Thanks,

We are happy to inform you that the first auto-ported version of Aspose.Words for Java is ready. This version supports updating fields. You can get it from here.

Best regards,
Aspose.Words team

(2)

Above given link is broken . Please send me updated link for comparison between .Net and Java Aspose versions. Please send this report asap as I need to start using one of the dll.

Thanks
Viral

Hi

Thanks for your request. The latest versions of Aspose.Words for Java are auto-ported from .NET. So all features available in .NET version are also available in Java version.
Both, .NET and Java versions of Aspose.Words are released simultaneously and includes the same set of fixes.

Best regards,

This link is broken:
Aspose.Words for .NET|Documentation

Regards,
Wahaj

Hi Wahaj,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Please note that the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java is completely auto-ported from .NET, i.e. we do not write code for Aspose.Words for Java; it is generated out automatically from C# code of Aspose.Words for .NET. So there should not be any significant difference in functionalities between Java and .NET versions because the code is mostly the same.

May be the following article is what you’re looking for:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/java/choose-the-platform-and-interoperability-technology/

If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,