Compatibility of Aspose.Cells with Visual studio 2015 and .NET framework 4.6

Hi Narender Patlolla,

Yes, you need to upgrade your subscription to use latest versions of the Aspose.Cells APIs.
And, yes, Aspose.Cells for .NET (v16.10.0) does support VS.NET 2015 (.NET framework versions v4.5.x, 4.6, etc.), see the document for your reference:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsnet/System+Requirements

Thank you.

Hi Amjad Sahi,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

We bought license for ASPOSE CELLS 16.11.0.0

Downloaded this version of DLL and copied both DLL and new License file to the application bin folder and removed the old dll and old license files. Modified the code as per the new dll and successfully compiled. I am using VS 2015. When I run the application I could see following error in my event log.

“System.InvalidOperationException: The subscription included in this license allows free upgrades until 29 May 2010, but this version of the product was released on 09 Nov 2016. Please renew the subscription or use a previous version of the product.”

Please suggest

Hi,

As per the exception, it looks like your application is still using older license, so please make sure your application should use newer license file with our latest Aspose.Cells for .NET v16.11.x. I think you should debug your code segment (regarding license) by yourself where it is placed and it is processed fine and look for the newer license file on the specified filepath/streams etc, you may put break points at the specified lines of code. You may also evaluate if the newer license file is working with latest version of the product, you can create a separate console application and put the licensing code at the start to check if the license works fine with latest versions, it should work fine.

In case you still think there is some issue with licensing module, please post your license file using the instruction given in the document:
http://www.aspose.com/corporate/purchase/faqs/send-license-to-aspose-staff.aspx

Thank you.

HI Amjad Sahi,

Thanks for the reply. I could able to resolve the issue by copying the new dll and new license file to all the related projects.

Now I have another issue as described below.

We are using a open method of the workbook.

workbook.Open(combinedStream, Aspose.Cells.FileFormatType.CSV);

The above code throwing an error as shown below.

CS1061
‘Workbook’ does not contain a definition for ‘Open’ and no extension method ‘Open’
accepting a first argument of type ‘Workbook’ could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

I am using ASPOSE CELLS 16.11.0.0 version with VS 2015 with .Net Framework 4.5.2.

I understand that new version does not support the Open method. please suggest the correct method to use.

Thanks
Narender

Hi,

Good to know that your issue is sorted out now. For your Workbook.Open() method issue, please use Workbook constructor instead for opening Excel files when using the newer APIs set. We recommend you to see the documents for your reference:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsnet/Opening+Files+with+Different+Formats
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsnet/Opening+Different+Microsoft+Excel+Versions+Files

Thank you.

Thanks Amjad Sahi!

Subject: Aspose.Cells 16.11.0.0. version compatibility with Visual Studio 2015 and .Net Framework 4.5

As per your suggestion, I could able to resolve the issues I raised in my previous posting.

Now I am facing few other issues.

1) The last few lines, ranging from 1 to 4 lines, of the text in the PDF reports page is printing on the next page. These last lines show the total amount for the data on page.

2) When the data is exported to CSV file with a word including apostrophe Example “institution’s” showing is as “institution’s”

Please check the attachment and suggest me the appropriate action.

Hi,

Thanks for the word document for the details about your issue(s).

Good to know that your previous issues are sorted out now.

1) Could you open your template file into MS Excel and take the print preview of sheet, you should see similar display (last few lines are rendering on the next page). If not, kindly do provide us your template Excel/CSV file and sample code that you are using with newer version/fix (e.g v16.12.x) of the product, we will check it soon. Also attach your output PDF file here.

2) Please provide us a simple sample project (runnable) using our latest version/fix with your template files to reproduce the issue on our end, we will check it soon.

PS. Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v16.12.4:

Aspose.Cells for .NET v16.12.4 (.NET 2.0)
Aspose.Cells for .NET v16.12.4 (.NET 4.0)

(Note: please download any of the versions for your underlying .NET Framework version)

Thank you.

Hi Amjad Sahi,

I could able to fix the issue 1 that is related to PDF report but issue 2 ( CSV file) still persist.

Here is the information as below:

When we add the word “institution’s” to the Excel report (CSV file output) it’s displaying on CSV file as “institution’s”. Basically it’s replacing

“’” with “’” internally in the ASPOSE.CELLS DLL.

Following line is the code we are using:

worksheet.Cells[0, 0].PutValue(“institution’s”);

Note:

1) Here worksheet is Aspose.Cells.Worksheet object

2) We are using latest ASPOSE.CELLS version: Aspose.Cells for .NET v16.12.4.0

3) We are using Visual studio 2015 and .Net Framework 4.5.2

Please let me know the fix details for this issue

Hi,

Good to know that you have sorted out your first issue.

Regarding issue 2, well, I have tested your scenario/ case in a simple console application with our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v16.12.5, it works fine and I could not find the issue in the output CSV file, see the screenshot for your reference:
http://prntscr.com/drhdfs

I have also attached the VS.NET 2015 demo project for your reference here. The output CSV file is in the “bin\Debug” folder with the library (v16.12.5). Could you please try to execute the sample project (attached) and find the output CSV file to check if you find any issue with it.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

I could able to resolve the csv file special character issue by replacing ’ (single quote) with ’

However while publishing the application, I am receiving compiling error in release mode for the Aspose.Cell.dll

I am not receiving any error in debug mode while compiling but could see following error while compiling in release mode.

Error:

Error: Could not load file or assembly ‘file:///…\bin\Aspose.Cells.dll’ or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515) C:…\Source\SGEN

Note: I tried switching to use local dll instead of

shared and also set the referenced aspose.cell.dll

copy local property to “true”. It did not help.

Please suggest

Hi,

Please make sure that you are using Aspose.Cells.Dll assembly compiled on .NET Framework version 2.0 or 4.0.

This does not look like an issue with Aspose.Cells APIs. Your issue might occur due to Aspose.Cells being blocked on your system/environment. Please see and browse the following documents/ threads for your reference:

If you still have any issue, kindly create a separate sample project (runnable) with latest Aspose.Cells for .NET version, zip it and post us here to show the issue, we will check it soon.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

I could able to fix the above issue but

I have another CSV file issue as described below.

The comma (",") is causing the issue.

String itemName = “Less: Sig Inv, MSAs, DTA > 10% Limit”;

I want to display this this text in CSV file in single cell but instead it’s saving in three separate cells.

It makes no difference If I use --> String.Format(""{0}"", itemName)

If I use --> String.Format(""{0}"", itemName.ToString().Replace(""", “”""));

It show as --> " Less: Sig Inv, MSAs, DTA > 10% Limit". ( I could able to display this text in

single cell but adding double quotes at the beginning and end of the string in single cell).

Please help.

Hi,

Please see the reply and follow up your other thread for your reference:
https://forum.aspose.com/t/81931

Thank you.

I am having another issue with PDF. PDF export page is printing the sub header (one single line) of following page in the footer section of the current page. Please note that the following page has only sub headers/headers but does not have any data.

This is happening in one of the 40 page PDF file.

I tried to adjust the bottom margin and top margin for current page but it worked for few issues earlier but for this current scenario it’s not working. I also tried the page break but its not working.

Please suggest.

Hi,

It would be best to always create new threads for newer issues. Anyways, I think you may also save your final Excel file as well via Aspose.Cells APIs and then open your Excel file into MS Excel to take the print previews of the worksheet(s) if you see similar display as per the output PDF file via Aspose.Cells APIs. If you see different results, kindly create a simple sample project (runnable) using our latest version/fix with your template files to reproduce the issue on our end, we will check it soon.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

I do not think it’s appropriate to keep the private information on this website.

Could you please give me your email id?

Thanks

Narender

Hi Narender,

Well, I should not make this thread as Private because you are not the owner of this thread (When a thread is private only Aspose staff members and owner of the thread can see or download attachments, no other user could do that). Anyways, I think you may either start a new thread (make it private by yourself or ask us to do so) to provide us complete details, sample project and template files, etc. by attaching the zipped archive in your new thread. Alternatively, you can make an archive of your sample project (runnable), template files and screenshots, then upload it to some free drive service (e.g dropbox or on google drive, etc.) and provide us the link to download it. We will check your issue soon.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

I fixed the above issue. by adjusting the bottom margin of the page conditionally. But I have another issue. Text is being getting cut-off on the pdf file when the zoom increased from
default 94.7% to 100% and above.

We have data on this page and can not put here on the website. I am requesting you to give your ASPOSE email id. I would like to email the screenshot attachment to you.

Thanks
Narender

Hi Amjad,

Excuse me that in my previous posting I specified the word “private” instead of sensitive information. I fixed the issue that I posted here last week. We are facing another issue with pdf. The text is cutting off on the first page of the pdf when it zoomed to 100% or more.
We cant see the text cut off issue when the zoom size is 94.7% which is default size.
But The text is cutting off when the document is printed with default 94.7% or 100% plus. This is not acceptable. I would like to send the screen shot to your ASPOSE company support team. Please send me your official email.

Hi,

Could you render the final Excel file to PDF via MS Excel render manually in MS Excel to check how it goes and evaluate if you see similar issue or not. For your information, Aspose.Cells follows MS Excel standards when rendering spreadsheets to PDF file format. Anyways, if you still find the issue with Aspose.Cells APIs, kindly make an archive (zip) of your sample project (runnable), template files and screenshots and post us via email. Please follow the below mentioned steps to send us your attachments via email.

1: Click the Contact button in the Post.
2: In the drop down list options click "Send Amjad Sahi an Email”.
3: Attach the attachments (zipped) and send it.
4: Once you have done it, kindly confirm us on this thread.

Thank you.