Compile GridDesktop project in VS 2008 C++ using Aspose.Cells

Hi,

In order to evaluate your product, I downloaded from your site Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.6.0 and tried to build a Visual Studio 2008 VC++ windows Forms Application.
when compiling the form I get the error:
Form1.h(61): error C2686: cannot overload static and non-static member functions with the same parameter types
on this line:
this->gridDesktop1 = (gcnew Aspose::Cells::GridDesktop::GridDesktop());

I can see in the forum it is not a new issue. For example:

A similar problem has been posted for different products and solved: Aspose Pdf 8.7.0 and Aspose Slide 6.2.0, according to the release notes.

Does the problem have a solution for Aspose Cells GridDesktop today ?
I tried in C# without encountering this problem but we can develop only in VS2008 C++

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for GridDesktop.

Could you please provide complete VS2008 C++ project and let us know if it could be run on Visual Studio 2013 (I think, there should not be any issue). Could you please also provide the equivalen C# code for our reference which you are translating to C++. It will help us investigate this issue and we might log it in our database for fix. Thanks for your cooperation and best regards.

Hi,

I appreciate your prompt reply.

Here attached are 2 VS2008 projects. the Csharp one compiles without any problem.
The C++ one compilations fails with error C2686.

I cannot test right now on VS2013.

I do not translate from c# to VC++. I code directly in C++. I just created a small project in c# to test the GridDesktop component.

I hope we will be able to solve the problem. Aspose Cells seems to be the product we need. It includes all the features we were looking for.

Hi,

Thanks for your projects and using Aspose.Cells.

We are hopeful your provided projects will help us investigate and fix this issue. We will work on it and update you asap. Once, there is some news for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

Thanks for your both sample projects and using Aspose.Cells for GridDesktop.

We were able to replicate this issue by building your C++ project and attached the screenshot showing the error for a reference.

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-43993 - C2686 error compiling VS2008 C++ with griddesktop.dll 8.6.0.0

Hi,

It is to update you that your issue will be fixed soon. We will move the code snippet in the static GridDesktop() function to its constructor accordingly and remove the function, so the GridDesktop control could work fine on VC++.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-43993) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.