Complete failure in recognition of code-128 barcodes using aspose.barcode for java

We are currently using Code 3 of 9 symbology for our barcodes but are looking to change to code-128. For trials, we using the demo font package from idautomation.com (the demo version SOMETIMES has the word "demo" inserted in the barcodes but this is NOT done for the few test barcodes we tried - we got lucky?)

The printed copies of the barcodes could be recognized without problem with zxing running on Android phones or with hardware barcode scanners, but aspose.barcode for java completely failed to recognize the scanned images. I tried zxing's CommandLineRunner and 4 out of 5 of barcodes were recognized. But I am reluctant to use zxing since it did not show good performance when we tried it out on our code 39 barcodes - zxing's success rate was barely 90% compared to 98-99% for aspose.barcode for java.

So what's the deal? Can anybody share their experience in using apose.barcode for java to recognize barcodes produced with idautomation's code-128 fonts? For our case, we absolutely must use the xxs version of the fonts but I don't think this made a difference to the results.

I am attaching to this post the image files containing the code-128 barcodes that I used in the testing. zxing failed to recognize the barcode in dn_0003.tif but was successful with the others. aspose.barcode for java failed to recognize any.

Hi Dickens,

Thanks for sharing the sample barcode images. First off, please note that each new release contains many improvements, bug fixes and new features. So, we suggest you always use the latest version of Aspose products. You can download it from here: Aspose.BarCode for Java (Latest Version)

Based on your query, I tested your sample barcode images against the latest build of Aspose.BarCode for Java 5.3.0 and I'm able to recognize these barcode images.

For trials, we using the demo font package from idautomation.com (the demo version SOMETIMES has the word "demo" inserted in the barcodes but this is NOT done for the few test barcodes we tried - we got lucky?)

You can also share the barcode images with "demo" word. We will take a closer look and guide you accordingly.

I hope this will help you. Please let us know in case of further assistance and comments.