Comply with PDF/UA Standard during Converting Word to PDF


I would like to add that we are also very interested in PDF/UA support in Aspose.Words, since it becomes mandatory for (European) governments to support accessibility in web applications and public documents.

We noticed that PDF/UA support got some traction and support in recent releases of Aspose.PDF (June and July 2018 releases). So, will PDF/UA support also be available in Aspose.Words?



Your thread has been linked to the appropriate issue (WORDSNET-6614) and you will be notified via this thread as soon as this feature is supported. I am afraid, there are no estimates available at the moment. Sorry for the inconvenience.

A post was split to a new topic: Support Converting Word documents to PdfCompliance PDF/UA Format by using Aspose.Words

Hello, is there any news on this topic?

I tried the workaround in (workaround: first save to PDF through Aspose.Words and then convert it to PDF/UA with Aspose.Pdf)…

But, even a very simple Word document with one paragraph (that has no accessibility issues when running the Word-integrated accessibility checker) cannot be converted to PDF/UA with Aspose.Pdf without errors in the conversion log.

We are using Aspose.Words and Aspose.Pdf 19.11.

Thank you for your response.


Thanks for your inquiry. This problem (WORDSNET-6614) actually requires us to implement a new feature in Aspose.Words and we regret to share with you that implementation of this issue has been postponed for now (no ETA is available). However, the fix of this problem may definitely come onto the product roadmap in the future. Unfortunately, we cannot currently promise a resolution date. We apologize for your inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.


Can you please ZIP and attach the following resources here for testing?

  • Your simplified input Word document
  • Aspose.Words for Java 19.11 generated output PDF file
  • Aspose.PDF for Java 19.11 generated output PDF file showing the undesire behavior
  • Please also create a standalone simple Java application (source code without compilation errors) that helps us to reproduce your current problems on our end and attach it here for testing. Please do not include Aspose.Words/Aspose.PDF JAR files in it to reduce the file size.

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we will start investigation into your scenario and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

Hello, thank you for your feedback.
I have attached the requested files

  • The simplified input Word document (
  • The Aspose.Words for .NET generated output PDF file (Test-One-Paragraph.Step1.pdf)
  • The Aspose.PDF for .NET generated output PDF file (Test-One-Paragraph.Step2.pdf) + the Aspose.PDF-generated conversion log file (
  • A zipped Visual Studio 2017 ‘Domain.Testing.Console’ project. The test code can be found in Program.cs. (12.5 KB) (9.0 KB) (776 Bytes)
Test-One-Paragraph.Step1.pdf (11.1 KB)
Test-One-Paragraph.Step2.pdf (12.4 KB)


Thank you for sharing the data.

We have been able to reproduce the issue in our environment. A ticket with ID PDFNET-47438 has been logged in our issue management system for further investigation and resolution. The ticket ID has been linked with this thread so that you will receive notification as soon as the ticket is resolved.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

A post was split to a new topic: Convert Word DOCX Document to PDF/UA using C# .NET or Java

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-6614) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 22.1 update also available on NuGet.