Concatenate Encrypted PDF Files

I want to merge two encrypted files to one encrypted PDF. I know it is possible because Acrobat Pro has the ability to do so. I am trying to input this functionality into a production application. The problem is that the output appears to be decrypted or non-secure. Is this because it needs to decrypt the file before it merges? I am basing this on the Winformdemo build. Is this functionality added once purchased?

Hi Greg,

Can you please share the input PDF files with us, so we could test the issue at our end? You’ll be updated with the results accordingly.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Thank you for the quick response.

Hi Greg,

I have reproduced this issue at my end and logged it as PDFKITNET-18496 in our issue tracking system. Our team will further investigate this issue and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once it is resolved.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

If possible what is the estimated time of a fix? I can not have decrypted forms out on my production server. Thanks for the help.

Hi Greg,

Our team has further investigated this issue and I would like to share with you that you can encrypt the concatenated file using EncryptFile method of PdfFileSecurity class. Aspose.Pdf.Kit doesn’t allow to encrypt the concatenated files automatically; moreover, the original files, which are being concatenated, might have different encryption types, so it is not feasible to retain different original encryption types and concatenate the files into a single file.

Please try the above mentioned method at your end and see if it helps. If you find any questions or concerns, please do let us know.
Regards,

The files getting concatenated were merged successfully. The problem is that it appears to be decrypted. Is there a process that is decrypting the files before merging?

Hi Greg,

Actually, these files are encrypted using the password however when Aspose.Pdf.Kit saves the concatenated document it doesn’t set the password. Nevertheless, Aspose.Pdf.Kit allows you to set the password with required permissions. You can set it via your code on the concatenated file.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,