Concatenate results in Adobe reader msg - This document enabled extended features in Adobe Reader. The document has been changed since it was created and use of extended features is no longer available

We are taking the US IRS Tax form W-9 and using the form.FillField approach to fill out many many forms. They all are saved to disk right now and are all fine. We want the hundreds of resulting files in one pdf and tried using Concatenate to achieve this. What we get is a PDF that is the correct number of pages (174 in this case) and file size (about 14 mb), but every single page lacks the fields that were filled in. They are all blank in the concatenated PDF.

I can open the original single page PDFs and they are completed. So I am guessing there is one more step we are missing to make this work. In brief, we are

1. Opening a master PDF - fw9.pdf
2. Filling in the fields and saving as a unique file name.
3. Storing that name in an array
4. Using the Concatenate overload method Concatenate(array,outfile)

Specific code (vb) shown below. variable ‘files’ contains the files.

Dim Editor As New PdfFileEditor
Dim strategy As FileProcessingStrategy = Aspose.Pdf.Kit.Settings.Strategy
Settings.Strategy = FileProcessingStrategy.AutoDetect
Dim outfile As String
Dim strArray As String() = TryCast(files.ToArray(GetType(String)), String())

outfile = ConfigurationManager.AppSettings(“DataFolderPath”) & “AllW9.pdf”
Editor.Concatenate(strArray, outfile)
Settings.Strategy = strategy

Any thoughts on what we are doing wrong would be most welcome.

Hi Karl,

We need to investigate this issue at our end. Could you please share the input PDF files which you’re concatenating, so we could reproduce the issue at our end? You’ll be updated with the results accordingly.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hi, Thanks for getting back to me.

I will share 1 of the input
files rather than all, as they all contain social security numbers. For
identity theft reasons, I cannot send these, so please take my company W-9 file created
using the same exact approach (attached) duplicate it a few times and
see if you can reproduce it.

Hi Karl,

Thank you very much for sharing the sample PDF file with us. I have reproduced this problem at my end and logged it as PDFKITNET-28488 in our issue tracking system. Our team will look into this issue and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once it is resolved.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

We have a similar problem we have a template which has "Reader Extensions Enabled" so with this we will be able to save the data after editing it. So once i tried to rename a field in such a template the new pdf gets generated but when i try to open it throws an error saying that "This document enabled extended features in Adobe Reader. The document has been changed since it was created and use of extended features is no longer available. Please contact Author"and after that i am not able to edit and save data.

Hi Style,

First of all, I would like to inform you that Aspose.Pdf for .NET and Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET have been merged into a single product and Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET has been discontinued as a separate product. All the features of Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET are available under Aspose.Pdf.Facades namespace of Aspose.Pdf for .NET v6.x. You can check the following documentation links to upgrade your code from Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET to the new merged Aspose.Pdf for .NET.

http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-blogs/shahzad-latif/archive/2011/06/11/migrating-from-legacy-code-to-merged-aspose.pdf-for-.net.html

Kindly use the latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET v6.8 and check, if it fits your need. If you still face any problem, kindly share the source documents with us. This will help us to identify the issue and reply back to you soon.

Please feel free to contact support in case you need any further assistance.

Thanks & Regards,