ConcatenateForms function alternative?

I downloaded the demo of your product to test to see if there was a certain function that I could do. I need to concatenate to PDFs together while retaining all of the AcroForm fields and the properties. If I use the Concatenate function, it renames all of the like-named fields with a “-Aspose#6”. This will not work for my scenario.

I tested another function called ConcatenateForms and that worked EXACTLY how I would need it to work because it left all of the AcroForm fields “as is”. This is how I need it to behave but it says that this function is deprecated? Is there now another way of doing this using another function? This will determine whether I purchase the product or not.

TIA!

Hi,

I would like to share with you that concatenation is only supported with Concatenate method; you’re right, the ConcatenateForms method is deprecated. However, if you could share the input PDF files causing the above problem, we’ll be able to investigate and then resolve this issue.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience and looking forward to help you out.
Regards,

Here’s the file after I use the Concatenate Method.

To replicate, just export the first page, make a copy and combine the two pages and it’ll do the same thing. Any like-named fields will add on the _Aspose_N#6 to the field name.

Hi,

I have logged this issue as PDFKITNET-28827 in our issue tracking system. Our team will investigate it in detail and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once it is resolved.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

We purchased the new Aspose.PDF for .NET and the Concatinate function adds an integer to the fields with the same name. Can we use a previous version with our current v6.0 license that has the now deprecated ConcatinatedForms function?

By the way, we attempted to buy the PDF.KIT for .NET but I guess you have merged the two products.

Hi,

I’m afraid, Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET license is not available for purchase anymore. However, I have contacted our team to upgrade this issue for the merged Aspose.Pdf for .NET version.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

Any news on when there will be a fix for this issue? We paid $1700 for the OEM version for this one function (ConcatenateForms) and it isn’t working in this newer version we were forced to buy. Can I use our license with the older version of PDF.KIT for .NET? ConcatenateForms() worked perfectly in that version and that’s the only functionality we needed out of your software and it’s crucial to our business.

Please advise and TIA

Hi,

I have contacted our team to share the ETA of this issue. You’ll be updated as soon as the response is received. Moreover, as I mentioned previously, this issue is also occurring with the latest version of Aspose.Pdf.Kit. However, as we’ll be discontinuing the separate Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET from October 2011, we’ll be providing the fix for this issue in the merged version.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hi,

I would like to share with you that the fix for issue will be available in the release due at the end of September 2011. You’ll be notified via this forum thread once it is resolved. I’m afraid, you can’t use the Aspose.Pdf license with older Aspose.Pdf.Kit. However, if you have your older Aspose.Pdf.Kit license then you might try that one; but in that case, you’ll be able to only use the versions released before the expiry of your license.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

To reiterate my developer's earlier comments, Aspose advised him that the issue would not affect my application before I purchased the software. This was important to know as we are preparing to launch our application shortly. However, after I purchased the software I found out later that it was a different version and contained the issue that would affect my application. I am obviously disappointed by this.

While you have indicated that the issue will be fixed at the end of September, that does not help me today. I require a prompt response from Aspose that provides an interim solution that I can implement immediately.

Hi Steve,

We do understand your concern and we’re already working on this issue on priority bases. We’ll try to provide the fix the earliest possible. I have contacted our team regarding this issue and you’ll be updated with the current status.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your cooperation.
Regards,

Hi Steve,

I would like to share with you that the fix for this issue will be available in our upcoming monthly release due early August. You’ll be notified via this forum thread once it is published.

Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 28827) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
I DO NOT understand how this update fixed my issue. There is STILL a suffix added to same name fields when the Concatenate method is used. It now adds "_Aspose_N#6".

We need a way for same name fields to remain UNCHANGED after concatenating two PDFs together (ALL fields should remain unchanged for that matter). Your update feature description it exactly the opposite of what we were requesting from you for this issue:

28827 - Concatenate method adds a suffix to the same name fields

We need it NOT to do this.

Hi,

We have introduced a new property named ‘KeepFieldsUnique’ to resolve this issue. You may set this property to false in order to keep the fields unchanged. Please see more details in this [blog post](https://blog.aspose.com/2011/08/15/merged-aspose.pdf-for-.net-6.1.0-is-out-now-with-some-new-features-and-fixes-and-many-improvements).

I hope this helps. If you find any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

OH THANK GOD!! Thank you so much!! yes, this fixed our issue and we are very happy now!!!