Conditional Fields and Merged File Size

We have noticed a big increase in file size when merging a document that has If Statements ( conditional fields). For example a 72KB doc file merges with 1 record and the merged doc file size is 1268KB, with 18 records it becomes 24339KB. When I merge the same document with Word instead of ASPOSE.words, the 1 record merged document is only 31KB.

Is there something I should be doing so these files do not become so large?

Hi Gale,

Thanks for your inquiry.

The is most likely happening because Aspose.Words does not automatically convert IF fields containing merge fields to static text after mail merge, whereas Word will automatically do this. With the IF fields being left in place this most likely counts for the increase in file size.

We have plans to introduce the same behaviour as Word after merging with IF fields. I have linked your request to the appropriate issue. You will be informed of any developments.

In the mean time you can try manually converting IF fields after merging to static text by using the code found in this article here.

If you have any troubles could you please attach your template document and output here for testing.

Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-3741) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(3)