Conditional fields evaluation

I am running into problems when converting word documents, containing conditional fields, into PDFs. Do you have a fix for this problem yet or is it still not supported.

Please can you shed some light on this issue or point me to a direction that might work for me, my deadline is creeping closer and closer. I really think Aspose have got some wonderful features and it works wonderfully with my other documents, just not those with the conditional fields.

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Till now, this feature is not supported by our product. Please elaborate your problem, if we find some solution we will let you know as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Adeel Ahmad
Support Developer
Aspose Changsha Team
https://about.aspose.com/contact/

I think we need the cooperation of Aspose.Words team to support this feature. Please elaborate your requirement with examples.

Hi,

I have an XML datasource as my mailmerge datasource to my Word document.

I am using Aspose.Words to do my mailmerge for me, then because of the conditional fields evaluation limitation, I am forced to use Microsoft Word to handle the conditional fields evaluation, and only then I use Aspose.Pdf to do my PDF conversion. However, I have found that Aspose.Words have difficulty evaluating the following condition where the value contains spaces, e.g. IF «Quote_Brand» =“Old Mutual Bank”

Attached, please find the word document and my XML datasource. In my XML datasource I am testing against the following values:

- BOE, Nedbank, Old Mutual Bank

Hope you guys can help me with my problem, or at lease suggest an alternative.

Hi,

For some reason or other I could not attach both the Word document and the XML file with my previous post, so attach please find the XML datasource for my previous post.

My attachment failed, my second try for my previous post e.g XML datasource

Hi,

If you are having problems in posting files at forum. Then please refer to the following page:

How to Share a Document in a Forum Post

Thanks.

Adeel Ahmad
Support Developer
Aspose Changsha Team
https://about.aspose.com/contact/

I am not familiar with the fields in Word so I moved this post to the Aspose.Words forum.

Hi,

Thank you for reporting the issue to us. Could you please clarify what the following statement means: However, I have found that Aspose.Words have difficulty evaluating the following condition where the value contains spaces? Aspose.Words does not evaluate conditional fields and you seem to be aware of that because as you claim you use Microsoft Word to handle them. Please explain where Aspose.Words’ fault is and what exactly problem you experience.

Hi,

Sorry for the misunderstanding, what I meant to say was I don’t know if Aspose.Words ignores conditional fields evaluation, because if I remove the space I get a better result with my Aspose.Words + Microsoft Word combination. The other problem is that if that same mergefield is used for display purposes, the document does not look good.

Do you have any idea on when the Aspose Team will look into handling conditional fields evaluation.

Thanks.

I don’t think Aspose.Words has to do with this issue or maybe I still did not catch the idea. If you disagree, please provide more elaborated description of your task and post your code here. As to the ETA of the conditional fields evaluation - we hope it will be somewhere in 2007, sorry no more exact time line available.