Conditional Rules Not Being applied on CSV/Pdf Save - Excel 2007

Hi,

I have an Excel 2007 Rule that formats numbers in my smart marker grid.

So basically given the below data:

Data1 | Data 2 | Data 3
Data4| Data 5 | Data 6

We have a separate section in the excel that has

2Decimal | 4 Decimal | 6 Decimal
4Decimal | 5 Decimal | 10 Decimal

We then have a rule named 2Decimal, 4Decimal, 6Decimal, that applies a certain format which applies to the Grid Data.

When we save to excel, everything works. However, if we save to CSV or PDF, the rules don't seem to be applied.

Example Conditional Formatting Rule ("Use a formula to determine which cells to format"):

=OFFSET(AA14,0,0)="4D"

Note: If I export to PDF from the working excel file, the conditional formatting is applied correctly. It's only when I save through Aspose.

Thanks

I don't know if save as PDF is related to excel 2003 or not, but it seems like excel 2003 doesn't have the functionality that we're using. Formatting Rule "Use a forumula to determine which cells to format" seems to be a 2007 only functionality. Excel 2003 is more limited in what it can do conditional formatting wise.

Hi,

Yes, Excel 2007/2010 (XLSX file format etc.) provides more advanced conditional formatting types than Excel 97-2003 (XLS) which has limited support for conditional formattings.

Regarding your issue of PDF rendering (i.e., conditional formatting rules are not applied in the rendered PDF by Aspose.Cells), could you specify FileFormat type as XLSX if you are creating the spreadsheet from the scratch to render PDF file format.
See the sample line of code below:
Workbook workbook = new Workbook(FileFormatType.Xlsx);

If you still could not evaluate, kindly do provide us a sample console application (runnable), zip it and post it here to show the issue on our end. We will check your issue soon.

Thank you.