Confused

Hello Aspose Team,

I've been trying to figure this whole Aspose.Grid.Web product out, but I am having quite a bit of trouble getting anything to work outside of the "demo" folders. I recently posted an issue regarding the Aspose.Excel.Web product and was informed to install the Grid package instead.

Since the application I need to build will be very simply, I won't need any really complicated code and I don't have Visual Studio either (just Textpad and HomeSite) to create the application, so I'm just trying simply import the Aspose methods (via the dll file) into a basic .aspx page like so:

<%@ Page Language="c#" %>
<%@ import Namespace="System" %>
<%@ import Namespace="System.Data" %>
<%@ import Namespace="System.Data.SqlClient" %>
<%@ import Namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls" %>
<%@ import Namespace="Aspose.Grid.Web" %>

GEAR UP Excel Component Test

Now the error I keep getting is as follows:

CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Aspose' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

It doesn't really let me register the .dll file either so I'm guessing that might be a problem as well. I'm just really confused and have no idea where to begin.

If someone could maybe show me somewhere to find step-by-step instructions or can guide me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jason

Hi,

Try to add this instruction line to the top of your aspx file:

<%@ Register TagPrefix="agw" Namespace="Aspose.Grid.Web" Assembly="Aspose.Grid.Web" %>

Hi Henry,

Thanks so much for your help!!

It didn’t actually work at first, but all I had to do was to create a
“bin” folder in the root directory of the website, place the .dll file
there and everything has been working fine since.

Thanks again and I must say that this is a wonderful product and (once you get it working :slight_smile:
) a great component to have for any company.

Jason