Connecting to Exchange 2010

I am trying to connect to Exchange 2010 via IMAP on SSL. I have this working on my demo server on Exchange 2007, but have not gotten this right on 2010.

Here is the message I get back when I try and connect:

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 10.1.10.9:143
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)

This is my code:

Dim ImapClient As New Aspose.Email.Imap.ImapClient()
ImapClient.Host = Server
ImapClient.Password = Password
ImapClient.Username = username
ImapClient.Port = 143
ImapClient.Timeout = 240000
ImapClient.EnableSsl = True
ImapClient.Connect(True)

It doesn't matter how long I make the Timeout, it always comes back with the above message in 30 seconds. There are a lot of mails in the box that it needs to download from, over 2Gigs worth. So it will take a while for Exchange to give the list. But it is failing on the connect.

Please help.

Cancel this request.

I made a big assumption. And that was that the IMAP service was actually running. What I did was take off the SSL, and when I tried to restart the IMAP Service, I found it was not running! So I got it up, and everything seems to be fine now.

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your solution with us.

We are glad that your issue is resolved and you are up and running again.

Regards,