Connections not drawn correctly in Visio 2010

Hi!

I have a problem with connection between shapes when opening exported diagram in visio 2010.
This is how it looks when I open a document:

http://i.imgur.com/6SUtUvW.jpg

However if I press ctrl+A to select all items on the page, it looks like this:

http://i.imgur.com/RRyz9dN.jpg

So there obviously are connections but are not drawn correctly. If i use Re-Layout option which is built in visual studio, I get this:
http://i.imgur.com/77do2o1.jpg

which is proof that connections are correct.

I have attached sample project which demonstrates this problem. You just have to open exported document in visio 2010, visio 2013 automatically corrects this.
Aspose.total.lic is needed at the same location where the .exe file is.

Thank you!

Hi Zeljko,

Thank you for contacting support. We have tested your example code against the latest version 6.2.0 of Aspose.Diagram API. It shows an error message (screenshot) while opening the output VDX diagram in MS Visio 2010. We have logged this problem under ticket id DIAGRAMNET-50762 in our bug tracking system. Your post has also been linked to this ticket. We’ll keep you informed regarding any available updates. We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Really? I have tried the sample code with Aspose Diagram version 6.0.0.0 and did not get that error. I have tried now with version 6.2.0 but my licence has expired on 18th Match and 6.2.0 was released on 30th March so I cannot see if I would get the same error.

I guess I will have to renew my licence when you fix this error.

Hi Zeljko,

Well, you can get a 30 day temporary license to test the version 6.2.0. I have attached an output VDX file for your kind reference. We’ll notify you once a significant progress has been made in this regard.

Hi!

Is there any news about previous error when opening created visio document in Microsoft Visio 2010? I have renewed my licence and tried with the newest version of aspose diagram (6.8.0.0) and I still get the same problem as described in my previous post.

Thank you!

Hi Zeljko,

Thank you for the inquiry. In reference to the ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-50762, it is not yet fixed completely. The connections are not drawn correctly. We’ll let you know in this forum thread once it is resolved.

Hi!

Is there any update about the issue? I have downloaded the newest version that my licence allows (Aspose Diagram 17.02.0.0) and tried also in Visio 2016 and it also doesn’t draw connections properly.
visio 2016.JPG (8.4 KB)

Here is the sample code so that you can see what is going on (put the licence file in the root of the project)
AsposeSample.zip (2.0 MB)

Thanks!

@ZELJKOS,

We have re-evaluated your linked ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-50762 with the latest version of Aspose.Diagram for .NET API and the connecting lines look fine. This is the output VDX drawing: OrganigramOutput17.10.zip (28.0 KB)

The AddShpe method throws an error as: Master with name ‘OrgNodePlus’ does not present in the collection of Masters. Kindly review the code execution to fix the problem of master name, and then again send a Zip of this project.

I can confirm that it works, I have now successfully downloaded the newest Aspose.Diagram and got the same result as you have. However the result is not really ideal, for instance on the first page why is the node 5 positioned in the separate column and not directly below node 4?
graph.JPG (12.6 KB)

The visio has it’s own layout option (Re-Layout page under Design tab) but it doesn’t do anything until I position the node 5 under the node 4, after that it works like it should.

Because of that I have changed the direction of the graph to be FlowChart and TopToBottom which seems to work fine.
Since I don’t have a full MS Visio of older versions (I have Visio 2016), I have downloaded Visio Viewer 2013 and the diagram isn’t showing propperly.
Visio2013.01.JPG (6.3 KB)
Visio2013.02.JPG (3.8 KB)

Could you please confirm this error and fix the problem?
Here is the newest version of the sample project:
AsposeSample.zip (2.2 MB)

Thank you!

@ZELJKOS,

We have logged latest details under the same ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-50762. We will let you know once a significant progress has been made in this regard.

@ZELJKOS,

The linked ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-50762 has been resolved and will be included in the next version 17.11 of Aspose.Diagram for .NET API. We will notify you once the new version is published.

@ZELJKOS,

In reference to the linked ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-50762, please download and try the latest version 17.11 of Aspose.Diagram for .NET API.

In what exactly are you opening the exported document?
I have tried opening it in visio viewer 2013 and 2016 and neither of those work, in both of them it looks like this:
ExportBug.JPG (5.6 KB)

In full Visio 2016 version I don’t have this problem.

Thanks!

@ZELJKOS,

You are right. The display of the drawing in Microsoft Visio viewer 2013 is incorrect. We have reopened the linked ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-50762 in our issue tracking system. We will let you know once a significant progress has been made in this regard.

@ZELJKOS,

The linked ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-50762 has been resolved and will be included in the next version 17.12 of Aspose.Diagram for .NET API. We will notify you once the next version is published.

@ZELJKOS,

The fix of linked ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-50762 has been included in the full version 17.12. Please download and try the latest version 17.12 of Aspose.Diagram for .NET API.