Connector endpoints are not correct when generating multipaged diagrams

Hi,

I experience a problem generating multipage VDX documents and having connectors to be rendered correctly. What happens is when I try to connect two shapes with a connector everything works fine when there is only one page. In case of more than one page only the last one comes out good. Please see attached screenshots. I also attach a sample project which produces the problematic VDX file.

Thank you.

Igor

Hi Igor,

Thank you for contacting support. We managed to replicate the problem of endpoint connections. It can only be noticed in the Visio Professional 2010 on our side. We’ve logged this problem under ticket id DIAGRAMJAVA-50341 in our bug tracking system. Your post has also been linked to this ticket. We’ll keep you informed regarding any available updates. We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hi Igor,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the issue id DIAGRAMJAVA-50341 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then this fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.Diagram for Java 6.7.0. We'll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

Hi Igor,

Thank you for being patient. In reference to the ticket id DIAGRAMJAVA-50341, please download and use the latest Hotfix version: Aspose.Diagram for Java 6.6.1.0. Please also let us know how that goes on your side.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMJAVA-50341) have been fixed in Aspose.Diagram for Java 6.7.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi Imran,

Thank you for prompt fix. I checked version 6.7.0 and the issue appears to be resolved.

Regards,
Igor
Hi Igor,

Thank you for the confirmation. It is nice to hear from you that the problem has been resolved. Please let us know in case of any further assistance or questions.

Hi Imran,

I recently tried another case for building connections and found similar problems. This time I build vertical connections. Here I use two different masters in attempt to find solution but both work incorrectly. First master is initially horizontal connector and second one is vertical. Both of them added to diagram vertically. As you can see from the attached screenshot there are multiple problems. In a single page document connector text either shifted to connector start point either not centered. In multi paged document all pages except the last one either have no connector visible either have it shown incorrectly.
I attach sample project.

Thank you.
Igor

Hi Igor,

Thank you for contacting support. We have executed your code against the latest version 6.8.0. We’re unable to notice any difference between the Visio pages. Your resultant Visio diagram also looks the same. Please highlight the problematic area from your output Visio diagram. We’ll investigate and reply you appropriately.

Hi Imran,

I tried version 6.8.0 and got the same results. Please notice that I use Visio 2010 to open the diagram.
I also attach the screenshot with problems highlighted with red color.

Thank you.
Igor

Hi Igor,

Thank you for the details. We managed to replicate the problem of disconnected endpoints. It has been logged under ticket ID DIAGRAMJAVA-50404 in our bug tracking system. Your post has also been linked to this ticket. We’ll keep you informed regarding any available updates. We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused.

In reference to the orientation and incorrect position of text elements. Please set the connector shape properties as below:

[Java]
// get connector shape by ID
Shape connector1 = page.getShapes().getShape(connectorId);
// set text position
connector1.getTextXForm().getTxtPinX().getUfe().setF(“GUARD(Width0.5)");
connector1.getTextXForm().getTxtPinY().getUfe().setF("GUARD(Height
0.5)”);
// set angle in radian
long angle = (long) (90*Math.PI/180);
connector1.getTextXForm().getTxtAngle().setValue(angle)

Hi Igor,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the ticket ID DIAGRAMJAVA-50404 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then this fix will be included in the next version 17.4.0 of Aspose.Diagram for Java API. We shall inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMJAVA-50404) have been fixed in Aspose.Diagram for Java 17.4.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.