Content Control (drop down) Value is Changed after re-saving DOCX using .NET

We have a document that contains a Word IF field that includes content controls bound to XML data. This is included in the document using an AltChunk.

Calling document.UpdateFields() does not make the field update. However opening the document in Word and updating the field makes it update as expected.

Debugging the code reveals that the field is included in the document range, but the bound data is not present. The bound data in the content controls is shown correctly when opening the document, it just appears that it is not being used when calculating the field.

We are using Aspose.Words v21.3.0. I have an example document showing the behavior if required.

@wl9921

Could you please ZIP and attach your input, problematic and expected output documents here for testing? We will investigate the issue and provide you information on it.

@tahir.manzoor

Please find the requested documents.Example.zip (98.2 KB)

@wl9921

Thanks for sharing the documents. Your input Word document contains the content control of type drop down list. We need your code to reproduce this issue at our end.

Please create a standalone console application (source code without compilation errors) that helps us to reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing. Thanks for your cooperation.

@tahir.manzoor

Please find attached a simple C# console application that highlights the issue I am facing.

ConsoleApp1.zip (60.0 KB)

@wl9921

We have tested the scenario using the input document (IF Logic Salutation.docx) and have not found the shared issue. Please check the attached output documents.
docs.zip (46.5 KB)

Please note that Aspose.Words mimics the behavior of MS Word. If you perform the same scenario using MS Word, you will get the same output.

@tahir.manzoor

Thank you for your reply. The input document (IF Logic Salutation.docx) you mentioned does indeed work as I expected. However, when you include that document in another document using an AltChunk, it is then I face the issue. See Testing IF Statements in AltChunk.docx in the previous Example.zip.

Please find attached another .zip which contains a more detailed explanation of the issue with screenshots if that helps

Example2.zip (194.2 KB)

@wl9921

We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-22031. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

@tahir.manzoor

Thank you for all your help with this issue, it is much appreciated.

Is it possible for you to give an ETA with regard to the issue you have logged? This is a high-priority issue for my customer so if possible it would be most useful if I could feedback something to them?

@wl9921

We try our best to deal with every customer request in a timely fashion, we unfortunately cannot guarantee a delivery date to every customer issue. We work on issues on a first come, first served basis. We feel this is the fairest and most appropriate way to satisfy the needs of the majority of our customers.

Currently, your issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. Once we complete the analysis of your issue, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.

Hi - wondering if we could get an update on how this issue is progressing?

This issue is a critical problem for our customer. Is there an escalation path we can following to increase urgency?

@wl9921

This issue is still pending for analysis. As soon as we complete the analysis of your issue, we will provide you the update on it.

Hi - is there any further update on this? Is there an ETA to when the analysis will be complete?

@wl9921

Unfortunately, there is no ETA available for this issue at the moment. We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as there is any update available on it. Thanks for your patience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-22031) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 21.5 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 21.5 update.