Content of MSG file is destroyed

Hi Aspose,

Our product eTray is currently using Aspose.Email.dll version 4.3 with great success. However, upgrading to a newer version was a disaster. Mail content was totally destroyed in the sense that the MSG file could not be opened with Outlook. The content was just gone. For some mail the first line was visible and the rest of then mail just disappeared.

The code can be boiled down to this:

MailMessage mailMessage = new MailMessage();
mailMessage.HtmlBody = "

";
mailMessage.Save(@"c:\test.msg", MailMessageSaveType.OutlookMessageFormatUnicode);

With regards
Lars Bøndergaard
Nexcom A/S
lars@nexcom.dk

Hi Henrik,

I have investigated this issue at my end using the latest version of Aspose.Email for .NET 4.8.0 and was able to reproduce it at my end. It has been further logged as NETWORKNET-34580 in our issue tracking system for further consideration by our development team. We’ll notify you here once there is some update available in this regard. For the time being, you may consider using the following code sample as an alternative to solve this issue.

Sample Code:

MailMessage mailMessage = new MailMessage("from@gmail.com", "to@gmail.com", “Subject”,"");

mailMessage.HtmlBody = “

”;

mailMessage.Save(@“atest.msg”, Aspose.Email.Mail.SaveOptions.DefaultMsgUnicode);

The issues you have found earlier (filed as NETWORKNET-34580) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.