Control characters in Word documents

Hi

One of our customers has reported a problem where Word documents display control characters.

Their documents are quite sophisticated, including drop-down picking lists and it’s here where the corruption occurs, although it’s also in other places where we can’t see anything particularly sophisticated in the document.

Our software was using an old version of Words (and the release notes actually mention a fix for something that sounded very similar to this) so we upgraded to the latest version.

It’s better, but it’s not completely fixed… the header section and some of the more complex areas in the document still have control characters.

I will get a copy of the document and attach it to the post shortly, I don’t have it to hand at the moment and I realise you need this to help diagnose the problem.

Thanks,
Pete.

Hi Pete,

Yes, please attach sample input/output Word documents, screenshot showing the problematic areas in Aspose.Words generated output and source code you used to generate output document here for testing. Thanks for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Hi

I’ve edited my original post, attaching 3 documents:
- the first 2 are documents the customer has sent to us which have the corruption on their Samsung devices
- the third contains some screenshots showing the corruption.

Thanks,
Pete.

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your inquiry. After an initial test with Aspose.Words for .NET 15.11.0, we were unable to reproduce these issues on our end (please see attached PDF files). We would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words. You can download it from the following link. Hope, this helps.

Best regards,

Hi

We’ve just tried again using the latest version and the problem persists.

I’ve attached a couple of examples of files which still show control characters.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Pete.

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please attach the following resources here for testing:

• On what platform you are using Aspose.Words API on (.NET or Java)?
  • Have you generated “SBAR v2.docx” and “Wheelchair Referral Form.doc” using Aspose.Words?
  • If yes, please provide source Word documents you have generated “SBAR v2.docx” and “Wheelchair Referral Form.doc” from.
  • What editor you’re using to view these documents? Have you tried MS Word 2016?
  • Please create a standalone application (source code without compilation errors) that helps us reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing.

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we’ll start further investigation into your scenario and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

PS: To attach these resources, please zip them and Click ‘Reply’ button that will bring you to the ‘reply page’ and there at the bottom you can include any attachments with that post by clicking the ‘Add/Update’ button.

Best regards,