Control version of PDF output yet?

I am using Aspose.Pdf.Kit.PdfFileEditor to combine multiple PDFs generated with Aspose.Pdf. The original PDFs are all v1.4, the output PDF is v1.6. I need the output PDF to remain v1.4. Based on various forum answers in the past, I am guessing my only option is to use an old version of Aspose.Pdf.Kit; what is the most recent version that generated v1.4 PDF files?

Generated PDF Version
(02-24-2007) “Aspose PDF generates 1.3 version documents […] Aspose PDF.Kit merges all docs and create PDF version 1.4.”

Hi Jed,

First of all, I would like to share with you that the version which stored the output file as 1.4 is older than a year and I’m afraid, we can only provide you the latest versions published with in a year.

Secondly, please elaborate whether you want to retain the original version of the PDF file or interested to convert to 1.4 regardless of the version of the input PDF files. We’ll look into your requirement and provide you the support in our future versions.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience and looking forward to help you out.
Regards,

Can you please just let me know the version number I need to look for? I understand that it would not be recommended / supported / provided directly by ASPOSE support personnel.

The exported PDFs are used in a variety of legacy systems, and any unnecessary change to structure/formatting of their contents causes additional work that can easily be avoided. Also, some of our users are stuck using old versions of Acrobat Reader that will display a warning message just because the PDF version has been changed.

I doubt that ASPOSE.Pdf.Kit.PdfFileEditor does much to change the actual PDF content when concatenating; it is unfortunate that it offers no control over the version of the PDF format used.

Hi Jed,

I would like to share with you that the versions up to 3.3.0 allowed to save the output file as PDF version 1.4. I would also like to add that, as I mentioned earlier, we do not provide versions older than a year. You might try the version mentioned above if you have it with you; however, I’m afraid, we have fixed various issues and made many improvements in our newer versions, so by using an older version you might get into certain problems which are already fixed in latest versions.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do let us know.
Regards,