ControlChar.SectionBreak Insert Page Break instead of Section Break using .NET | LINQ Reporting

Hi,

To generate a document, we send (via LINQ reporting engine) a list of objects to print. We want to add the page’s number in the footer for each “object” and this number should be resetted individually.
But this number does not reset after a section break… This does not reflect the default MS Words behaviour.

I’m using the LINQ reporting engine to generate my document.
I’ve attached a sample project to this topic. Can you take a look at it ?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Romain

TestAspose.Multipages.zip (16.3 KB)

@Romain602

You can set the value of PageSetup.RestartPageNumbering property to true if you want to restart the page number at the beginning of the section. The LINQ Reporting engine inserts page break in Word document instead of section break for template syntax <<[ControlChar.SectionBreak]>>. So, you can not use RestartPageNumbering in your case.

We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-22107. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

@Romain602

It is to inform you that the issue which you are facing is actually not a bug in Aspose.Words. So, we have closed this issue (WORDSNET-22107) as ‘Not a Bug’.

Please use the attached template document to get the desired output. Template.docx (21.9 KB)