Conver from PDF to Docx using Aspose.PDF for .NET - Math Symbols map incorrectly

When I convert documents that have math inline and math equations the symbols do not transfer to the new word document. (See PIC). I need this to work 100% with the math symbols embedded in the PDF document so that the word document conversion works. Is there something wrong with the settings for what I am doing for the conversion?

// Save using save options
// Create DocSaveOptions object
DocSaveOptions saveOptions = new DocSaveOptions();

// Set the recognition mode as Flow
saveOptions.Mode = DocSaveOptions.RecognitionMode.Flow;

// Set the Horizontal proximity as 2.5
saveOptions.RelativeHorizontalProximity = 2.5f;

// Enable the value to recognize bullets during conversion process
saveOptions.RecognizeBullets = true;

//setup a progress handler
saveOptions.CustomProgressHandler = new UnifiedSaveOptions.ConversionProgressEventHandler(this.PDFShowProgressOnConsole);

//always save to docx. Its teh best
saveOptions.Format = DocSaveOptions.DocFormat.DocX;

saveOptions.WarningHandler = new ConversionWarnings();

// Save the file into MS document format
pdfDocument.Save(_docxDest.FullName, saveOptions);

image.png (6.2 KB)

Document Fun.

Word 2016 did the best conversion and capture the math symbols. However it did break the documents Pagination.

Here is Words (Open as PDF and Word converts to docx) conversion. Original PDF is on the left.

image.png (22.4 KB)

Adobe id better with pagination, but botched some of the symbols.

Here is Adobe’s (Open as PDF and Export to Word Document) Conversion. Original PDF is on the left.

image.png (57.5 KB)

@greg9cf60

Thanks for contacting support.

Can you please share source files to further investigate this issue on our end to help you out.

Adnan,

Thanks for the reply. Here is the source document. Page 29 has the math examples.

MIL-STD-188_164B_CHG_NOTICE-1.pdf (1.0 MB)

@greg9cf60,

We have tested the scenario in our environment and were able to notice the issue. We have logged it as PDFNET-48104 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into details of the issue and keep you posted with the status of its correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

No worries, Glad you have responded. Thank You!

@greg9cf60

Welcome.