Conversion from .odt file to .pdf file has TOC formatting issues

Hi,

We are using aspose.words.dll for .net version 15.5.0 to generate header and footers for the word documents that we upload in the website.

I have upgraded this to 16.4.0 version in the hope that the saving from .odt file to .pdf will work.

Some users can upload .doc, .docx, .odt files and convert this to .pdf file. The conversion from .doc to pdf works with no TOC formatting problems.

Only the conversion from .odt to .pdf file, the Table contents of the resulting PDF file has formatting issues. It seems this has inserted some spaces before the TOC numbers and texts.

And so the page numbers of the TOCs go the next line.

Some users upload .ODT file and the system will convert this to .pdf file for users to view this file in PDF version and we need this resolve asap.

Can you please let me know if this is possible to be fixed?

I have attached here the sample .odf file and resulting .pdf file.

Thanks so much for your help,

Janet

Hi Janet,

Thanks for your inquiry.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 16.4.0, we managed to reproduce this issue on our end. We have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-13647. Your request has also been linked to the appropriate issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi,
Thanks so much for looking in to this.
I just want to touch base with you on the update for this issue.
Did you have any progress in fixing this?
Please let me know.
Best regards,
Janet

Hi Janet,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, this issue is not resolved yet. This issue is currently pending for analysis and is in the queue. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

hi Awais,
Thanks so much for your reply. Are you able to make this a priority? As our client was keen to get this resolved.
Please let me know as well an indication on the timeline.
Best regards,
Janet

Hi Janet,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, your issue is still not resolved and there is no further news about it. Unfortunately, at the moment we cannot provide you any reliable estimate. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

If this issue is important to you, and for the fast resolution of this issue, please have a look at enhanced support options - e.g. purchasing Priority Support will allow you to post your issues in our Priority Support forum and raise the priority of this issue directly with our development teams, if possible, we will then aim to get a resolution to your issue as soon as we can. Many Priority Support customers find that this leads to their issue being fixed in the next release of the software.

*If you would like to take advantage of Enhanced Support then please request a quote in our purchase forum https://forum.aspose.com/c/purchase/6

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-13647) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 16.12.0 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 16.12.0 update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.