Conversion of form data from FDF to xml and vice versa

Hi,

Query1

I have an xml based interactive pdf form to which xml data needs to be fed. The data is presently stored in FDF format and hence needs to be converted to xml format for merging with pdf. Is there any toolkit or method to convert data in FDF format to XML?

Query2

The data from a filled interactive pdf is extracted in xml format. This has to be converted to FDF format for processing. Is there any tool or method avialable to convert data in xml format to FDF?

Can anyone help me on above two queries?

Regards,

Maria

Hi Maria,

Thank you for your interest in our products.

Query1

I have an xml based interactive pdf form to which xml data needs to be fed. The data is presently stored in FDF format and hence needs to be converted to xml format for merging with pdf. Is there any toolkit or method to convert data in FDF format to XML?

Kindly visit the following documentation links for more details and code snippets as per your requirement.

Query2

The data from a filled interactive pdf is extracted in xml format. This has to be converted to FDF format for processing. Is there any tool or method avialable to convert data in xml format to FDF?

Please visit the following documentation link for more details and code snippets for extracting data into XML format.

Export Data to XML from a PDF File (Facades)

I am very sorry to share with you that conversion from XML to FDF format feature is not available at the moment in Aspose.Pdf for .NET.

Please feel free to contact support in case you need any further assistance.

Thanks & Regards,

Thanks Rashid for your valuable inputs.

For query2, if possible can you give me some pointers on toolkit or functions available in any programming language for data conversion from XML to FDF? Do you know if this conversion is feasible?

Thanks,

Maria

Hi Maria,

Thanks for your inquiry, as I mentioned in my previous post the XML to FDF conversion is currently not available in Aspose.Pdf for .NET. However, I have logged a new feature request as PDFNEWNET-33747 in our issue tracking system. Our development team will look into this feature and you will be updated via this forum thread once it is supported.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi Maria,

Thank you for your patience.

I am very pleased to inform you that the requested feature is implemented by the development team and this feature will be a part of Aspose.Pdf for .NET v7.1 (to be released in June as per our monthly release plan) after following the complete testing and release cycle. Please be patient and we will notify you once the version is available for download.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thanks & Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-33747) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.2.0.

The blog post for this release is created over this link

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.