Conversion of HTML document to PDF generates "The glyph can not be mapped to Unicode"

I converted the HTML page in the first attachment to a PDF document like this:

// Initialize an HTML document from the file
            var document = new HTMLDocument(inputPath);

// Initialize PdfSaveOptions 
            var options = new Aspose.Html.Saving.PdfSaveOptions();

// Convert HTML to PDF           
            Converter.ConvertHTML(document, options, outputPath);

After that the PDF document was converted to pdf format 2U. See the second attachment. To verify the resulting PDF I used VeraPDF. The attached XML contains an error “The glyph can not be mapped to Unicode”. Can I fix this?

011_HTML.zip (251.2 KB)
pdf_a_2u_out.zip (293.5 KB)

@fransbloemen

Could you please try to use Adobe Preflight tool in order to verify the PDF/A conformance and share the screenshot of result with us? We will further proceed to assist you accordingly.

We first had to install the proper Adobe tools for this, so it took a while. I uploaded the Adobe Preflight result for the initial html-conversion to PDF 1.5 and the Adobe Preflight result for the PDF/A-2U conversion. The last one, as you can see, shows error “Text cannot be mapped to Unicode (87 matches on 1 page) - 1”.

Junge Klassik Das Instrumentenlexikon - Harfe_report PDF 1.5 Acrobat 6.x.pdf (491.9 KB)
Junge Klassik Das Instrumentenlexikon - Harfe_out-PDF_A_2U_out_report.pdf (545.3 KB)

@fransbloemen

We have generated PDF_A_2U file using Aspose.PDF for .NET 22.4 version in our environment and have attached it here. Can you please run a conformance test on it as well and share the screenshot of results with us in case validation is not passed.outputPDFA.pdf (391.0 KB)