Conversion of PDF into PPTX - Getting System.AccessViolationException

Hi,

I have a requirement on DOCX to PPTX conversion.
I’ve installed Aspose.Total with a temporary license & working on .NET framework. I’ve already tried converting DOCX to HTML & then to PPTX. But that had issues with tables, shapes & icons. Raised a query on that too: https://forum.aspose.com/t/conversion-of-docx-into-ppt/259578?u=niverajkumar

So trying on an alternative approach: DOCX to PDF conversion with landscape orientation. This works fine. But now when I try converting this PDF to PPTX, I get an exception as follows:

System.AccessViolationException: 'Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.'

Here’s my code for your reference:

public static void PdfToPresentationConverter()
{
    var license = new License();
    using (var stream = Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().GetManifestResourceStream("ConsoleApp2.Aspose.Total.NET.lic"))
    {
        license.SetLicense(stream);
    }
    Aspose.Words.Document doc = new Aspose.Words.Document("Rendering.docx");
    foreach (Aspose.Words.Section sec in doc.Sections)
    {
        sec.PageSetup.Orientation = Aspose.Words.Orientation.Landscape;
    }
    doc.Save("Rendering.pdf");

Stream pdfStream = new FileStream("Rendering.pdf", FileMode.Open, FileAccess.ReadWrite);

Presentation pres = new Presentation();

pres.Slides.AddFromPdf(pdfStream);

pres.Save("ImportedPdfPresentation.pptx", SaveFormat.Pptx);

}

And attaching the files I used: Rendering.zip (323.1 KB)

Please let me know if I’m missing something.
Here’s some information that you might need:

• OS version on which the code was executed: Windows 10
  • .NET target platform in the app: Am currently trying this on .NET Framework 4.7.2 & we might want this to work on .NET Core 3.1 & higher versions too.
  • Aspose.Slides and Aspose.Words versions I used: I used Aspose.Total (Aspose.Slides: 23.1.0.0 & Aspose.Words: 22.12.0.0)

Thanks,
Nivedhitha

@niverajkumar,
I reproduced the exception when importing the PDF document to a presentation.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): SLIDESNET-43784

You can obtain Paid Support services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.