We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Conversion to PDF: cell text shifted right

I’ve got a problem converting xlsx files to PDF. Namely, the cells A1, A2, and A3 are not aligned consistently to the left. If you look in my example PDF you’ll see that A2 and A3 are shifted to the right ever so slightly.



Also, it isn’t apparent in this example, but when the text gets shifted like this I sometimes lose pixels on the far right. Like, the last character will be cut in half. And, if I try and edit the text in Adobe, the displayed text doesn’t appear to match up with the characters and it stops working a couple letters before the end of the line. Very odd.







My code for this is very simple:

Workbook wb = new Workbook(“Temp.xlsx”);



PdfSaveOptions opts = new PdfSaveOptions();

opts.IsFontSubstitutionCharGranularity = true;



wb.Save(“temp.pdf”, opts);

Hi,


Thanks for the template files.

I am afraid, I could not spot the issue even comparing your Excel file with PDF file, see the screen shot here:
http://prntscr.com/96h8i6


If you still have any issue, kindly do provide sample files and screen shots to highlight the problematic areas, we will check it soon.

Thank you.

Close, but you’re looking at the wrong cells. Look at A1, A2 and A3.





“Asset…”


“Results…”


“Gross…”





The latter two are shifted slightly right.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue. Cells text is shifted right slightly. I have also attached the screenshot highlighting this issue for a reference.

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

  • CELLSNET-44080 - Cells text shifted right slightly during conversion to pdf

Hi again,


This is to update you that we have fixed the problem logged earlier as CELLSNET-44080. We will shortly provide the fix here after ensuring the quality & incorporating other enhancements.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.6.2.2 and let us know your feedback.

This is better, but it is still bugged. I’ve attached screen shots from 8.6.2 and 8.6.2.2 for your review. 8.6.2.2 is closer, but still off slightly.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

We have logged your comment in our database against this issue for product team consideration. We will look into it and see if it can be improved further. Once, there is some fix or other update for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.


Please see the attachment containing screenshots and MS Excel 2013 (Save as pdf) generated pdf, it is the same with us.



To focus it, please see Temp_Compare.xlsx, you will find if the font
style is Bold&Itatic and the start letters are different, the issue
happened.

Got it. The issue appears to be resolved then. Thanks!

Hi Michael,


Thank you for your understanding. Please feel free to contact us back in case you need our further assistance with Aspose APIs.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44080) have been fixed in this update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.