Conversion to PDF fails

The following code fails:

try {

CadImage image = (CadImage) Image.load(filePath);

// Create an instance of CadRasterizationOptions class
            CadRasterizationOptions rasterizationOptions = new CadRasterizationOptions();

// Most CAD are in landscape, so use 4x standard landscape size
            rasterizationOptions.setPageHeight(DefaultPageWidth * 2);
            rasterizationOptions.setPageWidth(DefaultPageHeight * 2);

rasterizationOptions.setAutomaticLayoutsScaling(true);
            rasterizationOptions.setNoScaling(false);
            rasterizationOptions.setContentAsBitmap(true);

// Set Layouts
            rasterizationOptions.setLayouts(new String[]{"Model"});

// Set Graphics options
            rasterizationOptions.getGraphicsOptions().setSmoothingMode(SmoothingMode.HighQuality);
            rasterizationOptions.getGraphicsOptions().setTextRenderingHint(TextRenderingHint.AntiAliasGridFit);
            rasterizationOptions.getGraphicsOptions().setInterpolationMode(InterpolationMode.HighQualityBicubic);

// Create an instance of CadRasterizationOptions and set its various properties
            rasterizationOptions.setBackgroundColor(com.aspose.cad.Color.getWhite());

// Create an instance of PDF options class
            PdfOptions pdfOptions = new PdfOptions();
            pdfOptions.setVectorRasterizationOptions(rasterizationOptions);

image.save(filePath + ".pdf", pdfOptions);

} catch (Exception e){
            System.out.println("Exception:\n"+ e.toString());
        }

Using any of the seven files included in this ZIP file:

I am using Aspose CAD 19.7

The conversion never terminates for this file:

which used to work on a previous version of Aspose CAD

@russ.nichols,

I have been able to observe issue and created an issue with ID CADJAVA-527 to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

In addition to the files cited above, this file is an example of a class of 2013/2014 CAD files that fails to process correctly with Aspose, this kind of file produces an ImageLoadException within Aspose:

We also have a few files which cause an ImageSaveException within Aspose, like this file:

In your investigation please test against these 2 files as well as the previously supplied files in this thread. Thanks,

Mike

@michaelpcard,

I have been able to observe issue and created an issue with ID CADJAVA-532 to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

Hey thanks @Adnan.Ahmad. I forgot to mention there is a third kind of error I have seen with Aspose, there are some .dwg files which cause Aspose to go into an infinite loop. The following is a file that will cause this error:

@michaelpcard,

I have worked with source file shared by you and unable to observe any infinite loop issue. I have also successfully generated PDF file. Can you please share environment details along with which version you are using on your end.resultdwg.pdf (882.2 KB)