Conversions

These are the following versions of the Aspose jars:

aspose-slides 2.3.0.0
aspose-metafiles 1.6.1-20100110

File: IPS Webcast Slides 061411_updated2

Overall:
- fonts are being distorted and at times are difficult to read.

Slide:
- 10 cannot read any of the text in the table on the right
- 14 cannot make out any of the text that is inside of the graphic
- 15 cannot make out text in middle column
- 16 graphic is very blurry

Please let us know if you are able to reproduce and these sorts of issues will be addressed in a future release.

Hi Ryan,

Can you please share that what operation you have been trying to apply on the presentation so that I may carry out my investigation.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

We are simply uploading it in our application and do not perform any out of the ordinary "operations" on the slides. We are doing the out of the box conversion that happens when we upload it. It should be converting it to jpg. If you try you'll see that the quality is unsatisfactory with some slides being unreadable. We compared to just saving as jpgs from powerpoint and there is a drastic difference.

Thanks,

Michael

Hi Michael,

Can you please share your thumbnails with us for cross reference and further investigation? Moreover, please try generating BMP thumbnails instead of JPG's for better quality. You will observe the noticeable change in the generated thumbnails.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

I've attached a zip file of the slides that get generated by Aspose. One good example is slide 9.

Also we need clarification on what you mean by generating bitmap thumbnails instead of jpgs. In our application we only have one upload function and there is no way to choose which format you want Aspose to save the slides in. Is this a feature that is in another product than Qumu perhaps?

Thanks,

Michael

Hi Michael,

I have observed the thumbnails shared by you and it seems that the resolution that you have used is almost half of what is actual slide resolution. For reference, I have shared the generated thumbnails on my end. The use of BMP also improves the results. Please observe the generated thumbnails for reference.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

We would like to understand why the quality of the ppt slide that get converted by the Aspose libaries produce less quality jpegs than when you save them directly from PowerPoint. I’ve attached the jpgs for comparision.

-Michael

Senior Technical Support Engineer
mvilla@qumu.com
O: 650.396.8527

Hi Michael,

I have observed the images share by you. I have observed the difference in thumbnails from Aspose.Slides and PowerPoint. As mentioned earlier, the slides dimension is 720 x 540 and the thumbnail that you are generating has dimension 384 x 288. Where as the dimension of thumbnails from PowerPoint has dimension 960 x 720. This is the major difference in the quality is due the difference in dimensions of thumbnails. I have generated the thumbnails of equivalent dimension and the results are much better then earlier. However, there is still some difference in terms of quality and I have created an issue with ID 28664 in our issue tracking system to further investigate the issue and get response from our development team. For your kind reference, I have also share the generated thumbnails. We will share the further response with you once our development team will investigate the issue further.

Thanks and Regards,