Convert Arabic text and European numbers from Word to PDF

Hi there.

I want to convert a Word (docx) document that contains lines each combined of Arabic text and European numbers.

I want to preserve the format and the look, but it seems that Aspose.Words changes the format and puts the numbers to the very left and change the direction of the numbers (only the numbers) from going left to right (LTR) to now going right to left (RTL).

I’m using the latest version af Aspose.Words (22.9.0) and I have also tried the online conversion https://products.aspose.app/words/conversion, but with same result.

Here is the DOCX that I want to convert. I have 4 lines with different combinations of Arabic text and European numbers:
Example of Arabic text and numbers text in same line.docx (16.9 KB)

And here is the result in PDF:
Example of Arabic text and numbers text in same line.pdf (11.3 KB)

As you can see the European numbers are mostly puts to the left of the text in the PDF file.

image.png (70.0 KB)

What I want is to preserve the order of the text and numbers and thereby get an exactly copy of what I see in Word without having Aspose moving the numbers around on each line.

Is that even possible or does Aspose treat the lines in a wrong way?

If I open my DOCX document in Microsoft Word and save it as a PDF file or print it to a PDF printer, the resulting PDF file looks exactly as the DOCX file. That behaviour is also what I want from Aspose.Words.

@chgh Thank you for reporting the problem to us. For a sake of correction it has been logged as WORDSNET-24427. We will keep you informed and let you know once it is resolved.

Any news on this issue? It’s exactly the same behaviour today as it was in October 2022.

@chgh Unfortunately, the issue is not resolved yet. Currently it is postponed and is not yet scheduled for development. Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

1 Like