We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Convert Doc to Html erroneous image

We are using Aspose.Words for .Net to convert Word documents to HTML. We are running across an issue with an image appearing in the HTML that does not exist in the original Word document.
I have three examples.
The first example is in a folder called 148. The Word doc does not contain the image that the conversion creates called 114.008.png, but it gets created and inserted as the last line in the HTML code.
The second example is in a folder called 112. This Word doc does contain the image that the conversion creates called 114.001.png, but the HTML contains the image twice. Once in it’s correct spot and a second time as the last line in the HTML code.
The third example is in a folder called 114. This Word doc contains the image and it appears correctly in the HTML.
All three of these documents were converted in succession, using the same code.
Any ideas on why this is happening?
Thank you,

Allison Landsberger

Hi
Thanks for your request. It is known bug. I have set highest priority for it. A notification will be posted here in this thread as soon as it will be done. A notification will be posted here in this thread as soon as it will be done.
The following code is a workaround for this problem

Document doc = new Document(@"069_89291_arimer\148\148.doc");
doc.Range.Bookmarks["_PictureBullets"].Text = "";
doc.Save(rootPath + @"069_89291_arimer\test.html", SaveFormat.Html);

Best regards.

Any updates on this error?

Hi

Unfortunately, this issue is still open.

best regards.

Hi

Unfortunately, this issue (#1122) is unresolved yet.

Best regards.

Any new information on this error? We are going to be presenting the converted documents to the 4th largest corporation in the world on November 7th, and it would be nice if extra images didn’t appear in the documents. It would lend more credibility to both of our companies.
Thanks
Allison

Hi
Unfortunately, this issue is unresolved yet. We will notify you as soon as it is done.
Best regards.

We have released a new version of Aspose.Words that contains a fix for your issue.
issue #1122 - The list bullet picture defined for lists is incorrectly interpreted as shape inside a paragraph.
The new version of Aspose.Words is available for download from here.
Best regards.

From what I can tell, the fix does get rid of the extra image at the bottom of the document, but it also removes the image from everywhere else in the document. So the image doesn’t appear at all in the converted html.

Hi
Thanks for your remark. I missed to tell that picture bullets are now supported in DOC, RTF, WML and DOCX. I created an issue in our defect database**.**
issue # 4209 - Support of picture bullets in HTML.
Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 4209) have been fixed in this update.