Convert doc to pdf produces weird results in tables

Dear Aspose Support

Ich convert a MS Word document (see attached SalesReport.doc) to a pdf (see attached SalesReport.pdf). The values in the table are formatted in a very strange way.

The conversion code is quite simple:

Aspose.Words.Document doc = new Aspose.Words.Document ("C:\SalesReport.doc");

doc.Save("C:\SalesReport.pdf");

We use Aspose.Words 11.9 and we also use Aspose.PDF and Aspose.Cells in the project.

Please help and best regards

Christian Bauer

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your inquiry. While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 11.9.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The issue ID is WORDSNET-7377. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Awais

When will this problem be resolved?

Best regards

Christian

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, your issue is not resolved yet. Our development team has completed the analysis of this issue and the root cause has been identified. However, the implementation of the fix of this issue has been postponed till a later date. We will inform you as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

Dear Awais

Could you please explain, how to avoid this behavior. I guess there must be a certain design of the table in the word document, that triggers the bug in rendering to pdf.

This would help us a big deal while waiting for the fix.

Thanks and best regards

Christian

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your inquiry. The problematic Paragraphs have decimal tab stops. There is something wrong with decimal tab stop logic in Aspose.Words’ layout engine. In the meantime, while you’re waiting for a fix, clearing those tab stops fixes the issue and this can be used as a workaround. Rest assured, we will inform you as soon as this issue is resolved.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7377) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 17.5 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 17.5 update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.