Convert DOC to PDF with Non-TrueType Fonts

Greetings,
I have read in the forums that Aspose Words only deals with TrueType fonts when “converting” from DOC to PDF. Unfortunately, the document I need to convert use a Non-TrueType font, Letter-Gothic-Drafting. When I do convert these files, the font in the PDF is different from the Letter-Gothic-Drafting font inthe word document.
Is there any possibility of having the converted PDF file use the Letter-Gothic-Drafting font?

Hi Travis,

Thanks for your inquiry. Yes, Aspose.Words requires TrueType fonts when rendering documents to fixed-page formats (PDF, XPS or SWF). You can use any fonts in your documents. For more information, please visit the following link:
https://blog.aspose.com/2010/08/15/opentype-fonts-with-postscript-outlines-in-aspose-words

Could you please attach your input Word document along with font here for testing? I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Thank you very much for the reply, I appreciate your help with this issue. This is a Word 2003 document. The font being used in the document is Letter-Gothic-Drafting.
When I use Aspose.Words to convert this Word DOC to PDF, the PDF file is created and the text is correct, but the PDF uses a different font that is not Letter-Gothic-Drafting.
Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

FYI - Here is what the PDF file looks like after the conversion. The text is the same, but the font is different.

Hi Travis,

Thanks for sharing the document.

tlovelle:
Could you please attach your input Word document along with font here for testing? I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

It would be great if you please share the font (Letter-Gothic-Drafting) for investigation. Please also share what is the Type of Letter-Gothic-Drafting font? Once we have this information, we will start investigate the issue on our side and provide you more information.

This is what I could find for the font, it appears to be a Type 1 font. I am trying to get more information about it now.

I have been told the font was created “in-house” over 15 years ago. The person that created it is no longer with our organization.

Hi Travis,

Thanks for sharing the detail. Unfortunately Aspose.Words doesn’t support Type 1 fonts. We had already logged this feature request as WORDSNET-4133 in our issue tracking system. You will be notified via this forum thread once this feature is available.

We apologize for your inconvenience.