Convert .doc to tiff

Hi,

Is there a solution to convert directly a document word to a multi-TIFF image ?

I have made a code which convert my word document to a PDF, after this, I convert my PDF to JPEG and to finish I convert my JPEG in TIFF (with JAI).

Do you have a shorter method ?

Thank you

Hi Adrien,

Thanks for contacting support.

Aspose.Words for .NET supports the feature to convert DOC file directly to TIFF image format. For further details, please visit How to Save Document as a Multipage TIFF

Besides this, Aspose.Pdf for .NET also supports the feature to directly render the pages of PDF file to TIFF format. For more information, please visit Convert all PDF pages to single TIFF Image.

Thank you for your answer,

I forgotten to precise : I use the JAVA API.

There is the same ?

Hi Adrien,

Thanks for sharing the information.

In case you are using JAVA API, please try using Aspose.Words for Java to convert DOC file to TIFF format by following the instructions specified over How to Save Document as a Multipage TIFF

Furthermore, in order to convert PDF files to TIFF format using Aspose.Pdf for Java, please try using the following code snippet

[Java]

//open document<o:p></o:p>

com.aspose.pdf.Document pdfDocument = new com.aspose.pdf.Document("c:/pdftest/NoAnnotation_FastWeb.pdf");

// create stream object to save the output image

java.io.OutputStream imageStream = new java.io.FileOutputStream("c:/pdftest/NoAnnotation_FastWeb.tiff");

//create TIFF device with specified attributes

//create Resolution object

com.aspose.pdf.Resolution resolution = new com.aspose.pdf.Resolution(300);

//create TIFFDevice object where second argument indicates the quality of resultant image

com.aspose.pdf.TiffDevice tiffDevice = new com.aspose.pdf.TiffDevice(resolution);

//convert a particular page and save the image to stream

tiffDevice.process(pdfDocument, imageStream);

//close the stream

imageStream.close();

OK, this works for the word document. Thank you.

But when I try with the PDF document I get this exception :

class com.aspose.ms.System.M: The method or operation is not implemented.
com.aspose.pdf.engine.h.b.c.e.a(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.pdf.TiffDevice.processInternal(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.pdf.DocumentDevice.a(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.pdf.DocumentDevice.process(Unknown Source)

Otherwise, I try to convert an excel document to a TIFF image (I use this code: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsjava/Converting+Worksheet+to+Image) but I get this exception :

java.lang.Error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/media/imageio/plugins/tiff/TIFFImageWriteParam

Do you have solutions ?

MrAd:
But when I try with the PDF document I get this exception :

class com.aspose.ms.System.M: The method or operation is not implemented.
com.aspose.pdf.engine.h.b.c.e.a(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.pdf.TiffDevice.processInternal(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.pdf.DocumentDevice.a(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.pdf.DocumentDevice.process(Unknown Source)
Hi Adrien,

Please ensure that you are using the latest release of Aspose.Pdf for Java 4.1.2. The feature has recently been implemented in this component.

MrAd:
Otherwise, I try to convert an excel document to a TIFF image (I use this code: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsjava/Converting+Worksheet+to+Image) but I get this exception :

java.lang.Error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/media/imageio/plugins/tiff/TIFFImageWriteParam

Do you have solutions ?
Now concerning to the exception which you are facing during Excel to TIFF conversion, my fellow worker from respective team will further look into this matter.

MrAd:

Do you have solutions ?

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Java.

To convert a worksheet to a TIFF image, add the JAI library to your class path and see if it resolves your issue.

Please also download and try the latest version: Aspose.Cells for Java v7.5.0.5.

If the problem still occurs, then please provide us your source MS-Excel file which you are converting to tiff image. We will look into it and help you asap.

Hi,

It works fine, it just was a missing jar.

Thank you,