Convert DOCX to HTML | Embedding Fonts in HTML using C# .NET to view Wingdings Symbols in Internet Explorer IE 11

Hi,

I have a DOCX using Wingdings font.
When I save this file as HTML with Aspose the generated HTML shows no Wingdings font when rendered in IE11.

In the attached zip file, you have:

• the input file in DOCX format
  • the screenshot of the input file in Word
  • the input file in HTML format generated by Word
  • the screenshot of the input file in IE11
  • the screenshot of the output file, done with Aspose.Words 20.1.0, as rendered in IE11
  • the screenshot of the same output file, as rendered in Chrome

Thanks.

files.zip (69.4 KB)

@julien.mevel.isilog,

We have converted your “input_file.docx” document to HTML format by using the following simple code of Aspose.Words for .NET 20.2 and attached it here for your reference:

C# Code:

Document doc = new Document("E:\\Temp\\Files\\input_file.docx");
doc.Save("E:\\Temp\\Files\\20.2.html");

But, I am afraid, we do not see this issue on our end. Please check the following screenshot:

So, please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET i.e. 20.2 and see how it goes on your end? In case the problem still remains, please provide complete steps that we can follow on our end to observe this behavior with IE 11. Please also share piece of source code and Aspose.Words generated HTML file showing the undesired behavior here for further testing. We will then investigate the scenario on our end and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

Hi,

Sorry for the lack of informations (Indeed, I use some saving options).
I did test with version 20.2 of Aspose.Words and I obtained the same result: an html file well rendered in Chrome, Firefox and Edge but not in IE11.

In the attached zip file, you have:

• the input file in DOCX format
  • the .NET class, including saving options settings
  • the output file in HTML format

files.zip (38.9 KB)

@julien.mevel.isilog,

Thanks for the additional information. We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-19985. Your thread has been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

@julien.mevel.isilog,

Regarding WORDSNET-19985, it is to inform you that Internet Explorer 11 cannot handle fonts embedding as other web browsers do. So, using the embedded fonts (options.ExportFontsAsBase64 = true; or options.ExportFontResources = true;) inside HTML will not work in IE 11 in both formats i.e. HTMLFixed or Html.