Convert DOCX Word Document containing Images to PDF File using C# on .NET Core 2.2 | .NET Standard 2.0

When converting a docx to a pdf an image in the docx is lost and is not viewable on the newly created pdf.

using Aspose pdf 20.6 and word 20.6

I have included the original docx

IndexTemplate.zip (22.9 KB)

// load word cover page
Aspose.Words.Document doc = new Aspose.Words.Document(coverPageStream);
string converted = Path.GetDirectoryName(doc.OriginalFileName) + “\” + Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(doc.OriginalFileName) + “.pdf”;
// save as pdf
doc.Save(converted);

@cfavNQ,

After an initial test with the licensed latest (20.8 ) version of Aspose.Words for .NET, we were unable to reproduce this issue on our end. Please see the following output PDF document generated on our end:

C# Code:

Document doc = new Document("C:\\IndexTemplate\\IndexTemplate.docx");
doc.Save("C:\\IndexTemplate\\pdf generated by aspose.words for .net 20.8.pdf");

So, we suggest you to please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words.

@awais.hafeez
Thank you for the response. I have updated my version to Aspose.Words 20.8. I am still seeing the same behavior.

This is within a .NET core project. I am referencing the words 20.8 netstandard2.0 dll

@cfavNQ,

We tested the scenario by specifying .NET Core 2.2 as the ‘Target framework’ on Windows 10 and were still unable to reproduce this problem on our end (see 20.8.pdf (24.9 KB)).

Please create a standalone simple Console Application (source code without compilation errors) that helps us to reproduce this problem on our end. You can remove Aspose.Words DLL files from the project to reduce the file size. Also, share your environment details (OS, .NET frameworks versions etc). Please also share any additional details that you think will help us to reproduce this problem on our end.

@awais.hafeez

I have opened paid support ticket #174639

Thank you,
Chris