We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Convert dynamic excel sheet to pdf

I have some excel sheets with Japanese font. My project requirement is that to populate dynamic data into these excel sheets and later convert into in pdf. It should do some basic mathematical operation as wel. Is it possible using aspose. Please guide me.

Hi there,

Thank you for considering Aspose APIs.

I believe, all of your requirements can be accomplished with Aspose.Cells APIs, that is; you can populate the data in existing templates as well as convert the final spreadsheet to PDF format. Please note, if you are going to convert the spreadsheets to PDF format on a machine where the required Japanese fonts are not present, you have to manually install or place the required fonts (used in the spreadsheet) and explicitly tell the API from where to pick those fonts. I would suggest you to check the detailed articles on how Aspose.Cells APIs use TrueType fonts.

I have some more doubts. I am looking for this tool for my project procurement.

1. Does it need any installation of excel/ word or adobe or any other software.
  2. Our server is on Suse Linux machine. Will it fine.
  3. As you mentioned for font we need to install true font. Is there is any other issue other than this.
  4. Is it possible to perform cell operation like addition/ multiplication of some rows and show result. Please give an example.
    Thanks.

Hi again,

Please check the answers to your questions as follow.

• You do not need to install Excel or any other office application in order to work with Aspose.Cells APIs.
  • Aspose.Cells for Java APIs only require the Java runtime to be installed. If it is present on your Linux server, you will not face any problems.
  • Most Linux flavors do not come with TrueType fonts pre-installed therefore it is advised to manually install/place the required fonts on the machine where you need to perform the rendering operations.
  • Yes, you can use any of the Excel’s built-in formulas in your worksheet and later call the Workbook.calculateFormula method in order to calculate the function values. Please check the following piece of code for better understanding.

Java

// Create an instance of Workbook
Workbook book = new Workbook();
// Access the default/first worksheet from the collection
Worksheet sheet = book.getWorksheets().get(0);
// Access Cells collection from default worksheet
Cells cells = sheet.getCells();
// Input some static data
cells.get(“A1”).putValue(2);
cells.get(“B1”).putValue(3);
// Insert some formulas based on static values as above
cells.get(“A3”).setFormula(“A1+B1”);