Convert Dynamic XFA form to Standard AcroForm not working - Aspose.PDF for .NET

Hi,

I’m trying to convert the following PDF with XFA forms to standard Acroform but it failed using the following code from your example:

var license = new License();
license.SetLicense(@“D:\Dev\Aspose.Total.Product.Family.lic”);

Document document = new Document(@“D:\Test\cerfa_13754-02.pdf”);
// set the form fields type as standard AcroForm
document.Form.Type = FormType.Standard;
// save the resultant PDF
document.Save(@“D:\Test\Standard_AcroForm.pdf”);

Could you provide me with an estimate of when this feature will be integrated into Aspose.Pdf JAVA?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Hi,

Thanks
for contacting support.

I have tested the scenario and I am able to notice the same problem. For the sake of correction, I have logged this issue as PDFNEWNET-36105 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi,

Do you have any update on this issue?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Hi there,

PBH:

Could you provide me with an estimate of when this feature will be integrated into Aspose.Pdf JAVA?

We are pleased to inform you that the requested feature is available in Aspose.Pdf for Java 9.0.0. Please check following documentation link for the purpose. Hopefully it will help you to accomplish the task.

Best Regards,

Hi there,

PBH:

Thanks for your inquiry. I'm afraid your reported issue is not resolved completely. Our development team has completed its investigation and now working on fix. We will update you via this forum thread as soon as me made some significant improvement towards the issue resolution.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry. Our development team has investigated the issue and working for the resolution. We have requested them to share an ETA for the fix at their earliest. We will notify you as soon as we get a feedback.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Thanks for your patience.

The development team has further investigated the issue reported earlier and as per our observations, we plan to get it resolved in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 10.3.0 which is planned to release in April-2015. Please be patient and wait for the resolution.

Hi,
Could you provide ETA of this issue fix for JAVA platform?
Thanks a lot!

Hi,

The development team is working on fixing this issue but due to complexity of this problem, its not yet resolved. Please note that due to complexity of this problem, its not yet resolved. However as soon as we have some further updates, we will let you know.

Hi,

I am afraid due to the complexity of earlier reported issue, its not yet resolved. However I have intimated the development team to share the possible ETA. As soon as we have some further updates, we will let you know.

Hi,

We have made some progress towards the resolution of earlier reported issue and when using latest release of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 10.5.0 no exception is being generated and forms are being converted to Standard format. Can you please try using latest release and in case you still face any issue, please feel free to contact.

Thanks for info,
Do you have any update for Java platform?
I just tried the last 10.4.1 aspose.pdf, but still not working.I am not getting exception during converting to Stardart type for dynamic XFA files as with older versions. But when i am merging to another pdf, the result is only pdf with message in content: "Please wait…
If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF
viewer may not be able to display this type of document."
Also when i am asking the type after setting pdf to standart, i get the same as before -dynamic.
It seems setting type is ignored for dynamic pdf files.

code i am using:
FileOutputStream outputStream = new FileOutputStream(“output.pdf”);
InputStream dynamicPdfStream = new FileInputStream(new File(“dynamic.pdf”));
com.aspose.pdf.Document pdfDynam = new com.aspose.pdf.Document(dynamicPdfStream);
com.aspose.pdf.Document outputPdf = new com.aspose.pdf.Document();

pdfDynam.getForm().setType(FormType.Standard);
pdfDynam.save();

outputPdf.getPages().add(pdfDynam.getPages());
outputPdf.save(outputStream);

outputStream.close();
dynamicPdfStream.close();

Hello..Sorry for intruding here -

I am using Aspose.pdf with c#.net

I Have a requirement to disable all the options from PDF other than printing and Viewing since it will be sent to some clients and we do not want them to edit it by any means. I have disabled all the signing options , but there is an option called "get others to sign" Powered by echosign .

How do i disable it.

Hi Raja,

Thanks for you inquiry. Please following your query in original thread. We will keep you updated about the issue there.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

kesmark:
Thanks for info,
Do you have any update for Java platform?
I just tried the last 10.4.1 aspose.pdf, but still not working.I am not getting exception during converting to Stardart type for dynamic XFA files as with older versions. But when i am merging to another pdf, the result is only pdf with message in content: "Please wait…
If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF
viewer may not be able to display this type of document."
Also when i am asking the type after setting pdf to standart, i get the same as before -dynamic.
It seems setting type is ignored for dynamic pdf files.

code i am using:
FileOutputStream outputStream = new FileOutputStream(“output.pdf”);
InputStream dynamicPdfStream = new FileInputStream(new File(“dynamic.pdf”));
com.aspose.pdf.Document pdfDynam = new com.aspose.pdf.Document(dynamicPdfStream);
com.aspose.pdf.Document outputPdf = new com.aspose.pdf.Document();

pdfDynam.getForm().setType(FormType.Standard);
pdfDynam.save();

outputPdf.getPages().add(pdfDynam.getPages());
outputPdf.save(outputStream);

outputStream.close();
dynamicPdfStream.close();

Hi Karen,

Thanks for contacting support and sorry for the delayed response.

As per my observations, when using Aspose.Pdf for Java 10.4.1 with resource files (XFA Forms) shared in first post of this thread, I am able to notice that XFA forms are not being converted to Standard AcroForm. However for the sake of correction, I have separately logged them as

• cerfa_13754-02.pdf conversion issue is logged as PDFNEWJAVA-35021
  • demande_carte_grise.pdf conversion issue is logged as PDFNEWJAVA-35021

Besides this, can you please share your resource/input files, so that we can test the conversion in our environment. Please note that the results might be different based on structure and complexity of input document.

We are sorry for this inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-36105) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 16.10.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFJAVA-35021;PDFJAVA-35022) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for Java 17.3.0 Release Notes.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.