Convert Dynamic XFA to Standard AcroForm in PDF using C# with Aspose.PDF for .NET

Hello, I am evaluating your tool to convert dynamic xfa pdfs into standard Pdfs. I have downloaded the examples from github (https://github.com/aspose-pdf/Aspose.PDF-for-.NET/archive/master.zip). I run the DynamicXFAToAcroForm and the output with both 19.12.0 and 20.1.0 versions is a pdf that has the “Please wait… If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents” message in Adobe Acrobat Pro.

I noticed that after running document.Form.Type = FormType.Standard; document.form.type is still dynamic.

Please let me let me know what I need to look at.

@vjf

Thanks for contacting support.

You need to save document first before checking the Form Type again. Please consider using following code snippet:

Document document = new Document(dataDir + "DynamicXFAToAcroForm.pdf");
document.Form.Type = FormType.Standard;
dataDir = dataDir + "Standard_AcroForm_out.pdf";
document.Save(dataDir);
document = new Document(dataDir);
Console.WriteLine(document.Form.Type);

output:

Standard

Thanks for the response.
That did out put standard but the resulting pdf just outputs.
image.png (15.2 KB)

@vjf

We were also able to notice similar issue with this PDF document. It seems like the issue is related to specific PDF document type. We have logged it as PDFNET-47637 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into details of it and keep you posted with the status of its correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.